Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2002, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Angle Shooter + Poor Dealer = Clark breaks a r

I have often seen players who clearly are having trouble reading the board. And I have often seen other players - complete strangers - say to them "just turn them over, the dealer will read them for you", or similar. And I don't see anything wrong with that. Doubly so if a person is taking advantage.

Oh no!! Not again!
Old 04-30-2002, 07:07 AM

If that's the most sinful thing you do in your life, I reckon they'll give you a line pass to the Pearly Gates.

I think the key here is to get the shift manager, tell him that you're leaving and why you're leaving. Mention specifically the angle shooter and the dealer's inability/unwillingness to correct an incorrectly called hand.

Watch for a post describing what effect that had for me.

Regards, Lee
Old 04-30-2002, 01:37 PM

Default Alternately...

...when the angle-shooter miscalled his hand and the dealer appeared to misread it as well, you could have quickly corrected them both--everyone is entitled to read a hand that has been shown down.
Old 04-30-2002, 02:04 PM

I don't have any problem with what you did. I don't see telling somebody to show them down is as bad, especially against an angle shooter.

One of the worst cases of this I've seen was a guy AGAINST his own girlfriend, and it cost her a big pot. We were in a very loose 3/6 game, and the Angle shooter posts a live straddle. I look down to find pocket Queens. There is a ton of action as there often is in straddle pots. The board paired sixes on the turn, and a King falls on the river. The hand plays out with AS, his gf and I still alive at the show down. The AS calls his hand as trip 6's, but doesn't show them down yet; his gf mucks a King(a couple of players saw it, but she didn't table it), and I wait for him to table his trips. After about a minute, he tables the cards and no six. I drug a huge pot! I could believe the guy putting that move on me, but on his own gf?!!! He must be used to not getting any(She was not impressed)... lol

Good luck, and may the flop be with you,

Fitz
Old 05-01-2002, 07:31 PM

Heck, I probably tell my wife to show her cards even if it was Mother Theresa who flipped over the 62 and said nothing. So, with this angle shooter, it's a gimme that I break the rule you speak of.

Old 05-01-2002, 07:42 PM

i think if my wife was playing poker with mother theresa, id stay the hell out of it altogether.