Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 09:40 AM

Default You\'re hired

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thing started out with the woman in the car stating that the American soldiers conspired to kill her on purpose. If you wonder why the US military ended up trying to put off blame that's why.

[/ QUOTE ]

You start working for my competitor tomorrow morning.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: You\'re hired

This is what the post was about at the beginning no? This women lying? That was the title of the OP, or am I totally missing something here?
Old 05-03-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Yeah, Cernis

Cermis 1

Cermis 2

Cermis 3

Cermis 4

This guy was a coward as well
Old 05-03-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Colosseum

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thing started out with the women in the car stating that the American soildiers conspired to kill her on purpose. If you wonder why the US military ended up trying to put of blame that's why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the whole thing started out when the soldiers fired at them.

And don't be disingenuous, if you read the Italian report, that's enough to think there were no conspiracies while accepting mistakes were made by the military.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cermis 1

Cermis 2

Cermis 3

Cermis 4

This guy was a coward as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, it wasn't his fault.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right - it was the society he was brought up in. Flying below the legal height was just a side issue, and destroying the evidence is what all honourable soldiers would do in these circumstances.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:18 AM

I believe your statement above. I'm rather reffering to what this post was about to begin with (before Cyrus hijacked it and started posting pictures of dead kids).

I believed people in Europe took her seriously. It's a relief to hear they didn't. It's hard to tell what they are thinking anymore now that we've grown so far apart.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to tell what they are thinking anymore now that we've grown so far apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right - justice is still important in Europe.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right - it was the society he was brought up in. Flying below the legal height was just a side issue, and destroying the evidence is what all honourable soldiers would do in these circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the pilot "In an interview on Italian television, he said "a lot of mistakes" had been made by the Italian aviation authorities and other organisations which had denied any wrong-doing."

Funny how the cable car system had been there for quite a while, yet "In the trial, Captain Ashby's defence team argued that the cable-car system did not appear on any military maps available to the pilots.".

Now, against him is this "Prosecutors said Capt Ashby flew the four-man jet below the 1,000ft (300-metre) minimum altitude specified by the US Air Force and marines. They say he also exceeded the speed limit of 517mph (832kph)." However, this is a limit set by the US Air Force and Marines for normal flight procedures, this was not a local ordinance from what I can gather. But again "Both sides agreed that the map issued by the US Government which Capt Ashby was using did not show the cable car wires." I wonder who supplied those maps to the US government. And finally "His lawyers said instruments in the jet were misleading and that he was used as a scapegoat by the marine corps." This I tend to believe, here is why. The cable car plunged 400 ft, correct? Well, thats about 1/2 of the 1000 ft. Where did this tragedy take place? "All but one of the victims were foreign tourists - mainly German and possibly Polish and Hungarian - travelling in a cable car 6,000 foot up Mount Cermis in the Dolomites."

So, basically, you are in mountainous terrain, with no reliable maps, with a 1kft floor with possibly malfunctioning equiptment. Yes, clearly the pilot is totally at fault. Not to mention the fact that he claims the Italian aviation agencies are partly at fault (I read this as he was getting some poor instructions/information).
Old 05-03-2005, 05:42 PM

Your post is a bit of a ramble. However, if it is to justify that cowards actions, shame on you.