Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 05:37 AM

Default 10-10 - 4 players left in 180 on PS

The CL has not been raising a lot, he limped a couple time and is not very tricky. His 2xBB raise is his standard raise and means he has something good, but not too STRONG.

The SB has been very aggressive before, then slowed down and opened up lately (re-raising all-in when other limps).

In this case, I am sure he has something good because he knows that the CL has something good and that he more likely be called.

What range do you put him on and do you call?

I called, I will tell you the range I put him on later. Would you worry about the CL? I didn't based on my reads.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t4000 (4 handed) converter

SB (t46126)
Hero (t37507)
UTG (t59736)
Button (t126631)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t8000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t45926</font>, Hero calls t33307 (All-In)

By the way, it's about time I make some money in this tourney. Played almost 30 times now and cashed 5 times, but only once in the FT before (8th), feels good but I want a WIN!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: 10-10 - 4 players left in 180 on PS

AK-ATo, AKs-A7s, AA-66, KQs-KTs, maybe QJs?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:49 AM

Here's what I see the reraiser thinking...

"OOhhh...pocket 4's and he just did another min. raise - I've got about 12 times the BB, and he does that a lot -

I'm gonna push to get it heads up and everyone will probably fold and I'll have it heads up in a spot where it's probably a coin flip.

=============================

here's the problem....

I've seen so many pushes in spots like this with JT suited, A4 offsuit - I know personally, if I got a guy doing a lot of min-raising, I may go after him once or twice (like if he does it 3 times in a row) with an all-in no matter what my cards are if I think I can get him to fold to re-raises.

I can't put him on a hand except that I will say I doubt it's anything that dominates you - I could see a coinflip, most likely, he could and would push with any pp if he thought he could get the chip leader to fold and if not, he figures he's 50/50. I WILL say I really doubt he was raising intending for you to call - LOL

I'd have to have a read on your reraiser and I'd probably lay it down if it was a good one - but you've got less then 10 times the BB and are the shortstack - so I'd call probably and pray.

I doubt I'd worry about the CL - he sees two short stacks going at it and if he had any sort of a steal going on, he'll drop it.

and since you're posting this, I can only assume you lost.

BTW, this reminds me a lot of Julian Gardner's fold at the WSOP with Varkoni and ? Vadedi? - was he the other guy? - Julien had 10's, Amir had a big PP, and Varkoni had AA - Julien laid it down when the big boys went at it and moved up a step for it.

RB

Old 12-08-2005, 06:03 AM

I assume you are going for a call?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume you are going for a call?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yes, definitely
Old 12-08-2005, 09:27 AM

if you had say 15 BB's, I MIGHT consider folding, but as your stack stands now, I like this spot to make your stand,you want 1st right?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:16 AM

Wait....

SB is already all-in and its 38000 more for CL to call. Therefore its a distinct possibility that CL WILL call and your 1010 is up against 2 hands seeing all 5 cards. Maybe you feel its time to make a stand, but I don't think this is the time. Additionally, your own reads tell you each has "something good". I figure your gonna bust here way much to often.

I think I fold.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:25 PM

Folding here would be pretty close to folding KK at a 10-handed table. SB's range quite probably includes 77/88/99 as well as plenty of overcard hands where Hero still has positive equity.

CL calling with overcards should not be a concern. He will be hard pressed to call with a hand like AJ, and even if he does call with overs, that's probably in Hero's favor:

If both SB and CL have overs, they may well share at least one card, which is a very profitable spot for Hero. If they don't, Hero has to dodge a lot of bullets or spike a T, but he's getting the right price to try.

If SB has an underpair, it would certainly be better if CL didn't come in to claim half of that equity, but calling is still clearly correct.

If SB has an overpair, Hero needs to spike a T anyway, so a call from CL hardly affects his equity at all.

Easy call, and I hope CL does come along for the ride.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:54 PM

I don't like the coinflip here. I'd rather push it than call it. Plus, there is a chance that the button might take out SB. What's the payout for 2nd and 3rd?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:54 PM

Definitely a call 4-handed.