Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: pet peeve rant - \'I put you all in\'

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, thats right, talking [censored] to and old guy in a wheelchair. It was a proud moment for me. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Big deal, you did something to a guy in a wheelchair that would have been perfectly acceptable to do to someone who wasn't. Did you do it because he was in a wheelchair? No - so it doesn't matter.

Some people gave me a bunch of crap in Vegas once because I showed a bluff to a deaf guy who waved his hand at me as if to say, "Pathetic." I had been watching him read lips for a while, so I looked directly at him and said, "Shut up, it worked." He knew exactly what I said and laughed and rapped the table. Still, some people gave me looks and one said, "come on, he's deaf." I didn't do it because I was deaf.

Insulting a handicapped person for a reason other than their handicap is no more "egregious" than insulting a non-handicapped person.

-Tripp

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant. Now answer me this: am I allowed to punch a person who has glasses on?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:18 PM

This irritates the heck out of me, too. I play a lot of live NL cash games and its quite common.

I must admit that I enjoy it when they tell me they'll put me all-in when I've got the nuts....
Old 07-13-2005, 04:30 PM

well look at this situation
you (300)
villain 1 (100)
villain 2 (400)

You want to put villain 1 all-in, but you don't want to go all-in yourself. In this situation, I would say, "I put villain 1 all-in" meaning I will only put in 100, NOT my entire stack. I'm just saying that there are uses for the "I put you allin" line.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:33 PM

Your pet peeve is retarded, and your rant is totally misplaced.

However, this:
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, thats right, talking [censored] to and old guy in a wheelchair. It was a proud moment for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

is awesome.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:40 PM

im glad you made good with this guy because what you did was really shitty. I dont care if I get banned for saying so. Hes right, to much poker on TV has brought about nothing but smartasses.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:47 PM

Why? Just bet 100. I'm pretty sure villian knows how much he has. This seems horrible in this situation.. Its a clear indicator to villian 2 that he can just push and steal you're bet.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:55 PM

Default My Own \"all-in\" rant

When people bet saying "I call your allin!", what the hell. No one bet yet, and you cannot "call" someone's all-in because they haven't put another chip in the pot.

Is there actually some logic behind the statement or is it actually as absurd as it sounds?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:58 PM

You wouldn't be an old man in a wheelchair by any chance, would you?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:03 PM

I put you all in.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just venting..

I hate when people say 'I put you all in' or something to that effect. You can't put me all in, you can only put yourself all in!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, so someone uses a colloquialism and you're all pissy about it. Nice.

We all know they are saying "I am betting exactly the amount required to put you all-in", it's just a shorter way of saying it.

[ QUOTE ]
I also hate when someone bets exactly as much as you have. That happens more online since in B&M you can't always get an exact count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting upset about it is pretty retarded. Maybe some players are more likely to call because it's "only" 1000 (the amount they have left) as opposed to seeing a huge 10,000 bet come at them.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway.. I was playing a b&m tourny yesterday. I go heads up in to the flop with an older guy in a wheelchair. After the flop hits he announces 'Im all in'. Then he looks over at me says.. 'Whats he got.. about 2000?' and puts 2 1k chips in front of his cards. I turn to the dealer (I happen to be in seat 1) and say 'Is he all in or is he betting 2000?'.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's already said he's all-in, why are you trying to be such a douche about it? You know that if you call, you're calling all-in.

[ QUOTE ]
I continue to talk only to the dealer and say 'How many chips I have doesn't matter, he has to bet an amount.'.

[/ QUOTE ]

He already did - he bet all-in, as you already know.

[ QUOTE ]
The dealer says 'He is all in.'. One of the table captains says to the old man 'He wants you to put all your chips in' and he angrily does saying 'what difference does it make?!'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly - why does it matter if the rest of his chips (which aren't at risk) are in the pot or making up a side pot, or still sitting in front of him?

Nit.