Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 10:20 AM

Default AK hand midway 22R

Somewhere in the middle of last nights $22R on Stars. I was feeling relly comfortable with my game for the first time in a while, then this hand came up. Of course, I had recently been moved to this table, so no solid reads.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (t7689)
UTG (t7310)
UTG+1 (t21290)
MP1 (t8527)
MP2 (t12716)
MP3 (t14375)
CO (t3490)
Button (t9934)
Hero (t14800)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t1800</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t4800</font>,

Hero?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: AK hand midway 22R

I don't like this spot with the MP already showing strength. Any reads on him? He could easily push here and now 4800 turns into 8000 more. You have a drawing hand and Mp3 could have 10+, AK or AQ suited. I think you see a big pocket pairs way too often here to call.

Any reads?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:22 PM

NO. I had just moved to this seat a few hands ago so no real reads. I got real spooked by the reraise, obviously, and just couldn't see my self flat calling or pushing.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't read the initial post eh?

I think it's a fold if you are "feeling really comfortable" with your game and have no reads.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a drawing hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Please eliminate that from your things to say about AK, especially soooooooted.

As for the hand, if MP1 was deeper, I'd insta muck. But the mere fact that he doesn't have that much leads me to beleive that MP1 could easily be trying to isolate and get all the money in now w/ AQ or 77-JJ etc. I honestly don't know what I would do here, hard to say without being there.

I think a push is better than a fold, but its reeeeeeeeeal close.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:45 PM

I agree that this is about as close as it gets. One question that might make a difference is the blinds. Are they going up soon? Granted they'd still be going up only to 400/800, but it's a factor that I might consider.

I think I would probably find a fold here.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:49 PM

arg, i keep changing my mind on this one. i think i like a push.

MP1 is likely folding hands as good as TT. if MP3 is a good player, he will also fold TT and maybe AK. if we get called by MP3, there's still a high chance we have a coinflip, and we might even get a donk call from AQ. the main point is that MP3 is probably reraising a decent number of hands that cannot stand our push, and even when called we're not in terrible shape.

but it's close.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like this spot with the MP already showing strength. Any reads on him? He could easily push here and now 4800 turns into 8000 more. You have a drawing hand and Mp3 could have 10+, AK or AQ suited. I think you see a big pocket pairs way too often here to call.

Any reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about agreeing with you until I saw:

[ QUOTE ]

You have a drawing hand and Mp3 could have 10+, AK or AQ suited

[/ QUOTE ]

AKs is not a drawing hand. WTF. It's a group 1 for a reason. This statement makes baby jesus cry.

Hero is in GREAT shape against AQ, splitting with AK, and a flip against TT. The only thing we're worried about is KK/AA. Is this likely based on these players? I don't know, that's a seperate issue, but these statements you made are waaaay off.

I think I push here and hope for the best. We're basically just hoping the second raiser doesn't have AA/KK. If the first one does, oh well, we end the hand with 10 bbs.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:02 PM

but do you think either player calls with AQ? not that i hate it if they fold.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but do you think either player calls with AQ? not that i hate it if they fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

people like to call. its a big pot. you might be pulling a squeeze play....think these things add up to AQ calling and calling enough to make it valuable? I wonder...

As others have said, i think this hand is really close...I think it depends a lot on the tournament structure, how many left, blinds, payouts, etc....but in the heat of it I'd probably push.