Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Objectivity During Crisis

[ QUOTE ]
If Rush or Bill had said that your mom was the Commander-in-Chief would you have come on this board and blamed your mom for the federal government's non-response in New Orleans?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to say that the answer would be yes, because after all, the OP does "think for himself".
Old 09-04-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me give you a quick civics lesson: President McChimpleton is responsible for directing the U.S. military (that's why he has the title of Commander-in-Chief) and he is responsible for directing the peoples of the executive branch (which includes FEMA).

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me give you a quick civics lesson: the governors are responsible for requesting the National Guard within their own states. In short, President Bush can't send the LA Nat'l Guard anywhere within LA. They don't answer to him in that regard.

[ QUOTE ]
Learn to think critically and stop being a parrot.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would do well to follow your own advice.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me give you a quick civics lesson: the governors are responsible for requesting the National Guard within their own states. In short, President Bush can't send the LA Nat'l Guard anywhere within LA. They don't answer to him in that regard.

[/ QUOTE ]

5000 members of the LA National Guard are in Iraq. The LA National Guard did not have the resources to conduct the necessary rescues and evacuations. The regular U.S. military does have the resources (as demonstrated by the awesome job they did once they arrived on the scene). Unfortunately, Smirky was too busy vacationing and partying to issue the deployment order until Thursday.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Keep repeating the LIE

[ QUOTE ]
President Bush can't send the LA Nat'l Guard anywhere within LA

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. False. Not True.

Say it as many times as you want, it doesn't make it true.

Here, put it in all CAPS:
[ QUOTE ]
PRESIDENT BUSH CAN'T SEND THE LA NAT'L GUARD ANYWHERE WITHIN LA

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Still not true.

Maybe if we try bold.
[ QUOTE ]
President Bush can't send the LA Nat'l Guard anywhere within LA

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh, it is still wrong. Not true. Non-Factual.

Here, how about bold and caps?
[ QUOTE ]
PRESIDENT BUSH CAN'T SEND THE LA NAT'L GUARD ANYWHERE WITHIN LA

[/ QUOTE ]

No, still wrong.

Here one more time: WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. NOT TRUE. FALSE.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you just say that the Mayor of New Orleans has the power to direct the peoples of the Federal Government? Let me read that again. Yep, you said it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You read "the power to direct" when all I said was "directing"? That's creative. As director, may I wave my baton and have "the power to" make you read?

[ QUOTE ]
Let me give you a quick civics lesson: President (Bush) is responsible for directing the U.S. military (that's why he has the title of Commander-in-Chief) and he is responsible for directing the peoples of the executive branch (which includes FEMA).

[/ QUOTE ]
I researched this, and the facts kept coming up on my side -- so I kept looking, and you're right. Here are the ""facts".

[ QUOTE ]
Just because Bill O'Reilly or Rush said that the Mayor of New Orleans is commander-in-chief of the U.S. military doesn't make it so. Learn to think critically and stop being a parrot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Critical readers will note that I should not have a clue what newfant is responding to, and I don't. I suppose an appropriate response would be that I believe Ted Kennedy and John Kerry seem to like to masticate together.

[ QUOTE ]
If Rush or Bill had said that your mom was the Commander-in-Chief would you have come on this board and blamed your mom for the federal government's non-response in New Orleans?

[/ QUOTE ]
In the hope of objectivity -- let's get this over with now. Mom's are out-of-bounds. But ... if my Mom were to blame, she'd have hell to pay from me (again).
Old 09-04-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Keep repeating the LIE

I want cites. It's pointless, but I want them anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2005, 10:51 PM

I have not read past your post, nor will I. But you sir, are an idiot.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:55 PM

R.S.5298 provides, "Whenever by reason of unlawful obstructions, combinations or assemblages of persons, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, it shall become impracticable, in the JUDGMENT OF THE PRESIDENT, to enforce, by the ordinary laws of judicial procedure, the laws of the United States within any State or Territory, it shall be lawful for the President . to employ such part of the land and naval forces of the United States as he may deem necessary to enforce the lawful execution of the laws of the United States ."
Old 09-04-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
R.S.5298 provides, "Whenever by reason of unlawful obstructions, combinations or assemblages of persons, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, it shall become impracticable, in the JUDGMENT OF THE PRESIDENT, to enforce, by the ordinary laws of judicial procedure, the laws of the United States within any State or Territory, it shall be lawful for the President . to employ such part of the land and naval forces of the United States as he may deem necessary to enforce the lawful execution of the laws of the United States ."

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you, cardcounter0, for the research. Just as I said.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have not read past your post, nor will I. But you sir, are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well then, I know all about you -- you know little about me.