Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 07-27-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Wrong, Emmy

[ QUOTE ]
Islam is FAR LESS TOLERANT than Judaism.
Why don't you actually study the religions a little bit before making your very misinformed claims?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are completely wrong here !

I am not the one making any of these assertions ! BossJJ does -- and he is backing them up as strongly as anyone I've seen backing non-poker assertions in this forum. Your argument is with him! And, believe you me (you know it but pretend you don't read 'im!), BossJJ can be devastating in references and sources.

So, BossJJ flat out claims that "Islam is closest most of all other religions to Judaism." Therefore, whatever you are saying about mainstream Islam applies to Judaism as well! linky

Have fun fighting it over with 'im. I already have my tickets front row, center. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Wrong, Emmy

According to you, Cyrus, BossJJ claims that Judaism is the religion most similar to Islam--not that Judaism has the same level of tolerance for other religious views, or for practitionaers of other religions.

Please, Cyrus, think straight before offering such a nonsensical argument: do you really think that "most similar" implies equivalence between all elements of the two things being compared? (this OBVIOUS fallacy illustrates why I keep swearing off arguing with nitwits: Cyrus take note).

It is a fact that Islam is the least tolerant of all major religions. That you dispute this shows your immense ignorance of the subject (which was already apparent).
Old 07-27-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Closest?

What does closest have to do with it?

3 is closest to 5000. So, what?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Memo to Emmy

[ QUOTE ]
According to you, Cyrus, BossJJ claims that Judaism is the religion most similar to Islam--not that Judaism has the same level of tolerance for other religious views, or for practitionaers of other religions.

[/ QUOTE ]

"According to me" ?!

Start Dictation:

TAKE IT UP WITH BOSSJJ.

...IF YOU DARE.

End Dictation.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Still wrong-o

[ QUOTE ]
Was there something intrinsic about catholics and protestants that led the IRA led violence?

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of use that don't believe in spirits, ghosts, and supernatural forces, this is an easy yes.

[ QUOTE ]
The underlying causes of each was not the religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the sort of mind that embraces belief without proof isn't critical in its acceptance of other ideas?

A friend of mine has a very religious wife. She has described a shirt with some kind of "praise god" phrasing on it as "beautiful." It is actually a very ugly shirt; poor color choices and typography, with a stock photo of the earth. Her usage of the term destroys the concept of beauty. She tries to break cats up when they sniff each other's butts because that's "rude." These are cats! She is systemically irrational; her belief in random religious ideas is intimately tied to this irrationality.

Maybe religion isn't the cause of irrationality in other parts of her life, but it is all tied together. If Hitler said God told him to exterminate the Jews, who are you to disagree? How can you disprove such a claim? If you believe there's some supernatural hoobie-joobie that's out there talking to people, why couldn't that creature tell Hitler to go ahead and get rid of those pesky Jews?

I think the Koran compels those of weak mind to take it literally; to seek out and destroy infidels. I don't blame the book for this -- the point is, it is a source of evil ideas. As is the Christian Bible.

I would say that the true enemy isn't Islam, but irrationality, and by definition, anyone that believes in Islam is irrational. (As are all you other Jesus-worshippers out there, even if you vote Republican or don't go to church every Sunday.)