Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Is it a Religion?

To realize the lower magnitude of the threat:

Appx. # of moslems: 1,500,000,000
Appx. # of non-moslems killed by moslem terror each year: 1,000 (guesstimation)

So basically pr 1,5 million moslems to 1 "infidel" is killed annually. Moslems are spread in very many countries. Don't you think they would make better results than that if that was their target?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:55 PM

So where do you want to put the threshold? If you follow their teachings, it is like a cancer on the world. If left unchecked and allowed to spread in this form, eventually you will get your numbers.

[ QUOTE ]
Qur’an 2:191 “And kill them wherever you find and catch them. Drive them out from where they have turned you out; for Al-Fitnah (polytheism, disbelief, oppression) is worse than slaughter.”

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Qur’an 9:5 “When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.”

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Qur’an 8:12 “Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: ‘I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.”

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Qur’an 66:1 “Allah has already sanctioned for you the dissolution of your vows.”

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Qur’an 8:59 “The infidels should not think that they can get away from us. Prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them.”

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Qur’an 5:51 “Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends.”

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Qur’an 72:15 “The disbelievers are the firewood of hell.”

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Qur’an 2:64 “But you [Jews] went back on your word and were lost losers. So become apes, despised and hated. We made an example out of you.”

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tabari IX:69 “Killing disbelievers is a small matter to us.”

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tabari VIII:130 “The Messenger said, ‘Two religions cannot coexist in the Arabian Peninsula.’ Umar investigated the matter, then sent to the Jews, saying: ‘Allah has given permission for you to be expelled.”

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2005, 11:03 PM

yes, yes but that changes nothing. We tend to try to avoid having to restrict speech in this country even hate speech.

I don't support hate crime legislation and I wouldn't support a foriegn policy based on the same.

When someone becomes a known threat we should kill them.

We should not however basically declare war on the entire muslem world by in affect saying "your religion blows" even though in some ways it does.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:04 PM

So it shows that the huge majority of moslems does not put these words into action, but a minority uses it to try to spread hatred.

My point being, if you spread fear you also use the Qu'ran to spread hatred (against moslems) which has the same dangerous polarizing effect.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:06 PM

Have you read the Old Testament? There's plenty of violence in there too.

I don't care whether Islam is a religion of peace or a religion of violence. If we let Klansman and neo-Nazis walk around (and we should), we should let people of any religious belief hold their beliefs undisturbed, so long as they don't break the laws.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:10 PM

If you look on religion and wars it is the missionary religions that always tend to end up in religious wars, mainly Christianity and Islams. Less missionary religions like Jewism, Hinduism and Buddhism have been more peaceful.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We should not however basically declare war on the entire muslem world by in affect saying "your religion blows" even though in some ways it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Parts of it however are incompatible with equality and peace with any other religions or philosophies. I think we should tell them that THOSE PARTS blow.

Moreover, it is those parts which are spawning crazed jihadists and imams who quote those very Koranic passages as justifications and support for acts of terrorism.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:09 AM

I'm not really sure how I feel about prior restraint when people are advocating behavior like this. I'm certainly open to expanding laws to criminalize speech promoting what would be a crime if followed.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really sure how I feel about prior restraint when people are advocating behavior like this. I'm certainly open to expanding laws to criminalize speech promoting what would be a crime if followed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe this already exists.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:05 AM

Apparently only if you solicit treason. Calling for the death of infidels, and the destruction of the West is still okay.