Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 07-16-2005, 07:30 AM

Default He wont be your or Rove\'s bitch....traitors.

Old 07-16-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: When Joe Wilson is in prison ...

I'm always amazed at why liberals believe things. While everyone can have their own opinion, you are not allowed your own facts. Believing things because you want them to be true is a mistake. Believing things because other people believe them is a mistake. Believing things because the facts support the belief works.

Joe Wilson started this ball rolling when he came out publicly stating he had been sent to Niger by the Vice President (false). He then claimed he had written a report (false), that the VP had reviewed the (non-existent) report (false), and that his report had conclusively determined the President lied (again, false). We can get that timeline and conclusion even from the 911 Commission.

Joe Wilson took every opportunity to tell these lies, and the press willingly obliged him. Was there a way to correct the record without mentioning Wilsons wife, and the incestuous nature of the trip? Did Wilson expect that he could make his claims because it would be illegal to mention the truth about his wife? I don't know. What is clear is that when Rove was questioned about Wilsons claims, he told the reporter not to go out on a limb with the Wilson story, and that he had heard it was his wife who sent him. That is hardly enough information to 'out' a deep cover operative, and it was by his own notes given to him as 'background' -- that he should consider the information when deciding how much credibility to give Wilson. Besides, there is no information that Plame was working covertly, had cover, or ever tried to hide what she was doing.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:46 AM

Joe Wilson aside, You are indirectly defending K. Rove (he of accusing Gov. Ann Richards of being "gay friendly, and hinting that she was a Lesbian to discredit her when bush ran against her in texas./ discrediting Mccain in 2000 primaries by alleging he fathered a black child out of wedlock, alluding to the bangladeshi child he adopted. the list goes on) by quoting Ann Coultier. political affiliation aside, you must recognize Rove as despicable person and Coultier as a maniac. to summarize: defending s**t stain by quoting maniac. way to go streetwise, we need more patriots like you.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:17 AM

Read your own post. You may notice that when people express themselves, they often make value judgements, attempt humor, insert invective, and use profanity.

It shouldn't surprise you that other people (Limbaugh, Coulter, et al) use the same techniques. I try to look past all that and get to content and facts -- using that yardstick they are the best in their field.

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Wilson aside, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That makes sense.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's Karl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was quite drunk at the time. Pardon my spelling.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always amazed at why partisan extremists believe things. While everyone can have their own opinion, you are not allowed your own facts. Believing things because you want them to be true is a mistake. Believing things because other people believe them is a mistake. Believing things because the facts support the belief works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never done that before: FYP.

-ptmusic
Old 07-16-2005, 02:28 PM

"Joe Wilson started this ball rolling when he came out publicly stating he had been sent to Niger by the Vice President (false)."

Untrue, although coincidentally you're parroting a recent RNC talking point. What are the odds?

RNC chairman Ken Mehlman's July 12 memo states:

[ QUOTE ]
Wilson Falsely Claimed That It Was Vice President Cheney Who Sent Him To Niger, But The Vice President Has Said He Never Met Him And Didn’t Know Who Sent Him:

Wilson Says He Traveled To Niger At CIA Request To Help Provide Response To Vice President’s Office.

[/ QUOTE ]
(The awkward capitalization is Mehlman's.)

As evidence to support the above, Mehlman "quotes" Wilson from a transcript of CNN's Late Edition in 8/3/03. Here's how the "quote" appears in Mehlman's memo:

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Wilson: “What They Did, What The Office Of The Vice President Did, And, In Fact, I Believe Now From Mr. Libby’s Statement, It Was Probably The Vice President Himself ...” (CNN’s “Late Edition,” 8/3/03)

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, there it is. Open and shut, Wilson saying "It Was Probably The Vice President Himself."

But wait--what are those pesky dots at the end of that quote? Hmm, let's look at the actual transcript itself:

[ QUOTE ]
WILSON: Well, look, it's absolutely true that neither the vice president nor Dr. Rice nor even George Tenet knew that I was traveling to Niger.

What they did, what the office of the vice president did, and, in fact, I believe now from Mr. Libby's statement, it was probably the vice president himself...

BLITZER: Scooter Libby is the chief of staff for the vice president.

WILSON: Scooter Libby. They asked essentially that we follow up on this report -- that the agency follow up on the report. So it was a question that went to the CIA briefer from the Office of the Vice President. The CIA, at the operational level, made a determination that the best way to answer this serious question was to send somebody out there who knew something about both the uranium business and those Niger officials that were in office at the time these reported documents were executed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2005, 03:48 PM

Um... Joe Wilson was right. The administration was pushing faulty intelligence.

Of course the fact that you're quoting Coulter and Newsmax says quite a bit about where you're coming from.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:48 PM

No responses? The silence is deafening.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:35 PM

I certainly hope this isn't your best Wilson defense...