Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Tricky bubble hand

PP $22. Bigstack was very loose.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1855)
Button (t1610)
SB (t3785)
BB (t750)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero?
Old 12-30-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Tricky bubble hand

Id be surprised if there were many calling ranges that made not moving allin correct.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:15 PM

hmm, I ran it...if the guy is really totally insane and will call with 22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs, then folding is probably reasonable (pushing would probably be reasonable too, +.1-.+2 or something). It's hard to put someone on that loose of a range though.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to put someone on that loose of a range though.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, didn't you recently post that you have a good memory? did you notice the buy-in, high roller? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm, I ran it...if the guy is really totally insane and will call with 22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs, then folding is probably reasonable (pushing would probably be reasonable too, +.1-.+2 or something). It's hard to put someone on that loose of a range though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, "very loose" for a 22 sounds like about exactly that range. At least, that's what it would take for me to bother writing a note to that effect in a 22. And any pair, any ace, any two broadway is not all that rare.

I'd need to have actually seen someone call that loose to not push here, though, because while it may not be rare, it's also, even in the 22s, far from typical.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:33 PM

Of course, if the BB had the button's stack, I'd push this instantly. But by pushing here, I'm both risking a loose call from the bigstack and a loose call from a shorter stacked BB (who can still hurt me) with lots of hands that I don't want to see.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:44 PM

Cmon, you have a hand. You cant let BB hang in there. If you fold, button folds, what if SB going to do? Will he push any 2 and put pressure on the BB or will he just limp? I always seem to run into poor players who leave BB alive. I'd push this right now and put pressure on them to beat me. Button probably wont call unless he has amonster, SB even if he is loose will be risking half his stack with BB almost out, BB is running out of chips so he may call with anything or be forced to fold with only 550 left. Also, I see a lot of players play loose early and tighten up late... lol.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cmon, you have a hand. You cant let BB hang in there. If you fold, button folds, what if SB going to do? Will he push any 2 and put pressure on the BB or will he just limp? I always seem to run into poor players who leave BB alive. I'd push this right now and put pressure on them to beat me. Button probably wont call unless he has amonster, SB even if he is loose will be risking half his stack with BB almost out, BB is running out of chips so he may call with anything or be forced to fold with only 550 left. Also, I see a lot of players play loose early and tighten up late... lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to fold, but a raise less than AI crossed my mind. My fear was that SB would make a loose call of a push, not that he'd run a play on me and push over my raise with air.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing becomes a little clearer if you discount your fold EV for paying the big blind next hand.

If the table is passive I will sometimes raise to 500t and let it go if I get re-raised.(call the BB of course)
Old 12-30-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing becomes a little clearer if you discount your fold EV for paying the big blind next hand.

If the table is passive I will sometimes raise to 500t and let it go if I get re-raised.(call the BB of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

If this makes sense, if for some reason I was playing a 215, I'd push this. At a 22, you see more bigstacks making loose calls of pushes (this bigstack in particular) than pushing over a less than AI raise.

FWIW, I raised to 550, all folded to BB, who pushed. Of course I called, he had QJ, caught a Q.

Now the question is: did my less than AI raise tip him off that my hand was of medium strength or would he have called a push? I'm pretty sure he would have called a push but it is something to consider...