Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:02 PM

Default 99 vs a fishy LRR

Villian is 52/9/1, and has made some pretty horrid bluffs.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero ???.

What's my line from here?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: 99 vs a fishy LRR

[ QUOTE ]
made some pretty horrid bluffs

[/ QUOTE ]

Call down because of this.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:13 PM

Don't fold.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:00 AM

How are these line(s) :

Capping the flop and seeing if he checks the turn in which case, i am checking behind and calling a bet on the river. (1.5BB to showdown)

Capping the flop, and calling down if he donks the turn. (2.5BB to showdown)

Calling the flop 3 bet, and proceeding to call down unless some serious paint his the board. (2BB to showdown)

Lately I've noticed weaker players limp/raising preflop with a bunch of random hands (T9s comes to mind), usually its a futile bluff attempt as they pray that by being aggro they can push a better hand out by simply being aggressive on the flop. Its not a bad play on paper, since most people will always put someone who limp/raises PF on a monster hand. Therefore, I am putting villian on two overcards before I am putting him on JJ+. I am hesitant to even consider the chance that he 3 bet PF with a small PP and hit a set.