Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: When Joe Wilson is in prison ...

“[Wilson] Believed That [His Report] Would Have Been Distributed To The White House And That The Vice President Received A Direct Response To His Question About The Possible Uranium Deal.” (Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Assessments On Iraq,” 7/7/04)

The Senate Select Committee On Intelligence Reported That The Vice President Was Not Briefed On Wilson’s Report. “Conclusion 14. The Central Intelligence Agency should have told the Vice President and other senior policymakers that it had sent someone to Niger to look into the alleged Iraq-Niger uranium deal and it should have briefed the Vice President on the former ambassador’s findings.” (Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, “Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community’s Prewar Assessments On Iraq,” 7/7/04)

CIA Director George Tenet: “Because This Report, In Our View, Did Not Resolve Whether Iraq Was Or Was Not Seeking Uranium From Abroad, It Was Given A Normal And Wide Distribution, But We Did Not Brief It To The President, Vice-President Or Other Senior Administration Officials.” (Central Intelligence Agency, “Statement By George J. Tenet, Director Of Central Intelligence,” Press Release, 7/11/03)

3.) Wilson Has Claimed His Niger Report Was Conclusive And Significant

Wilson Claims His Trip Proved There Was Nothing To The Uranium “Allegations.” “I knew that [Dr. Rice] had fundamentally misstated the facts. In fact, she had lied about it. I had gone out and I had undertaken this study. I had come back and said that this was not feasible. … This government knew that there was nothing to these allegations.” (NBC’s, “Meet The Press,” 5/2/04)

And I'm sure you have the members of the Senate Select Committee. I stand by my statement, he misled and mirepresented himself. He's a lug nut.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:52 PM

Wow--either you and Mehlman went to the same elementary school or you copied and pasted your "points" directly from the RNC.org page I linked to. Well done!
Old 07-16-2005, 06:53 PM

Thank you.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:13 PM

Did you read what happened with the IAEA received the Niger Documents? Within an hour, they declared them forgeries. What's worse, they said they were laughably poorly done. No reputable intelligence agency would create them nor believe them. Documents were signed and dated AFTER the person who signed them was already dead. lol

The Republican trolls attacking Wilson are just pathetic. The Niger documents WERE investigated by Wilson nearly a year before and they were conclusively determined to be fraudulent. This was reported to our government. The Bush administration decided to use them anyways. When Wilson spoke up, they attacked him.

There is NO doubt now that Wilson was correct about the documents. So, what does a good Republican sheep do? Continue to attack Wilson.

It really makes them look ridiculous.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:06 PM

I think I'd need a time machine to track that series of events. Help me here, write a chronology of the events you describe and their meaning here.