Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Maximizing Profits

What Street did I go wrong on? Should I have raised the flop, called turn for BB entry? Let me know.
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

River: (8.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 12-26-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Maximizing Profits

i might just let button come along here, I mean it looks like he's got TT/QQ/KK and is drawing quite slim. or he has AA/JJ. i think he'll call one with some hands drawing very slim here assuming he's just some random guy

also I don't mind you getting more aggro preflop or on the flop.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:13 AM

I think my play would've been better had there not been a flush draw for me, but given that there was, I probably should've taken BB along. Preflop I dont' like to give hand away too much, tend to avoid 4 bets unless even more people enter.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:44 AM

PREFLOP: Everything looks fine.

FLOP: You should be betting into the raiser here, do not check here. Betting into the raiser and hoping he raises the flop with a lesser hand is the only way you can protect your hand if the BB has any gutshot/5 outer draw.

TURN: You should raise. I read how other posters said to call to let the button stay in the hand since he probably has a 1 or 2 outer if he has a lower pocket pair and if you can induce the button to call incorrectly by just calling yourself then you make money here. But there is a problem with this strategy. You dont know for sure if the button has a 1 or 2 outer here. If he has 5c5x or 3c3x or KcJx, then he will have 5 outs to beat you and if you just call the turn the button will have the correct implied odds to outdraw your hand. I know these hands may or may not be realistic, but since you have no read on the button its best to take the cautious route on the turn and raise since this pot has reached a decent size.