Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Maybe This Will Help - Re: The Zoo

Let's just get it all out on this thread: List the posters/trolls that you would ban and state the reason why. Maybe this would produce a groundswell of support that will convince either the poster or the moderator that the poster should be banished.

I'll start with the easiest: Gregorio/Tyfromm - This guy is here for no reason other than to annoy. Not be funny; not be cute; not to do anything but get people pissed.

So here:

1. Gregorio/Tyfromm
Old 09-23-2004, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Maybe This Will Help - Re: The Zoo

Kick a guy when he's down, why don't you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2004, 06:29 PM

I wouldn't ban Oski because he wants to take away the freedom of speech from another individual he dislikes.
My reason for not wanting to ban Oski for this reason is because he's expressing his own views, and I believe in democracy and freedom of speech and all the crap that comes with that.

P.S. Oski, if you don't like/agree with any individuals posts try this little trick. Do not read them.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:35 PM

I dunno, he is after all responsible for this post which made me chuckle for a good couple of minutes.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't ban Oski because he wants to take away the freedom of speech from another individual he dislikes.
My reason for not wanting to ban Oski for this reason is because he's expressing his own views, and I believe in democracy and freedom of speech and all the crap that comes with that.

P.S. Oski, if you don't like/agree with any individuals posts try this little trick. Do not read them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are familiar with my posts, at all, you will know the following:

I don't think anything is wrong with the forums and I don't complain ... everything takes care of itself.

With that being said, this forum is private property, and freedom of speech is not a guaranteed right. It seems that every so often, there is a call for moderation, etc., but no proposed "solution" ever works.

Therefore, I have proposed another way to "clean up" the forum which implements an informal social convention. As you see, the person I nominated is just an easy target who really is here for no other purpose but to annoy people. I have never taken any issue with Tyfromm, personally, but since people want to be proactive, I was providing an easy example to put in place if my idea takes off. In other words, he would have been nominated, anyway.

I really don't care one way or another. I especially do not care if people want to ban me, either. I've been on these boards for about 4 years and I see this same crap over and over again.

Post about the "way it used to be" are usually based on selective memory, in my opinion.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see which trolls/posters have worn out their welcome.

Remember, this is the ZOO. I don't go to McDonald's expecting to have a 5-star meal, and I'm not surprised when I end up getting the sh!ts.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, he is after all responsible for this post which made me chuckle for a good couple of minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-23-2004, 06:58 PM

I assume Graf Orlock is nominating himself. Remember, the names are just for discussion. It may very well be the case Mr. Orlock and Tyfromm are loved by all.

So here:

1. Tyfromm/Gregorio;
2. Oski;
3. Graf Orlock aka "Nosterafu"
Old 09-23-2004, 07:55 PM

I'm not sure where bumping 6 month old posts just to ruin an internet poker forum is protected under freedom of speech. also, did the founding fathers really have posting pictures of "the thing" on a poker board in mind on the 4th of July? maybe sir, maybe
Old 09-23-2004, 08:03 PM

I have used the "ignore user" thing on about 3 posters to 2+2.

And when tyfromm responded to your post, I see that he is one of them. I'm assuming I "ignored" gregorio.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:39 PM

The problem with calling out trolls publicly is that its a sure way to make sure half of your posts over the next month or two will be followed by said troll. Really annoying.

That being said, is there any need for Big Mo?