Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Statistical Proof/Debunking of Peak Hours Advantage- RE:\'s Needed

Ok. Enough with the speculation over whether peak hours are better for ROI, hourly rate, etc. I want proof. Here's how you are gonna help me. If enough people will post their ROI, ITM, and number of games played for each period of the day, we can compile the list and get a statistical validation or invalidation of whether or not it is actually better to play during peak hours.

So, I'll start, and I'd appreciate it if others would also post, for the limit they play at THE MOST, their ROI, ITM, and # games played for the hours used with Aleo's spreadhseet. I'll keep a running total, and I thinkt that the results will be very interesting and helpful to everyone. So, here goes...

(straight from the stats page of Aleo's spreadsheet...)

Time #T Top 3 ROI
Night 164 39.63% 28.05%
Morning 9 66.67% 81.82%
Forenoon 20 20.00% -54.55%
Afternoon 100 26.00% -20.00%
Dinner 159 38.36% 18.93%
Evening 165 33.94% 20.11%

EDIT: If, for whatever reason youd rather not post your stats but would like to contribute, if you PM them to me I'll erase the PM after I anonymously record the stats. You dont have to be a winning player or have a 29% ROI at the 200s to help out with this.