Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 12-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Guest

Default Let\'s see if Firepay steals my $700.

This is my first post on 2+2. I opened it because of my situation. Here's the story, I cashed out of paradise poker for $700 dollars to my firepay account. After that I sent the $700 dollars from my firepay account to my checking account. Next day I find out my checking account had been closed by the bank(yes, stupid mistake). The bank says the funds were sent back to firepay. Firepay hasn't reimbursed my account yet. Here are my emails to and from firepay so far.

Hi Larry,

If you have made a withdrawal to a bank account that no longer exists we must wait for the bank to return the funds to your FirePay account. The time frame in which the funds are returned depends completely on the bank.

Once the funds are returned the bank account will be reset so you can enter the correct bank account information.

Please contact us if you have further inquiries.

Best regards,

Joel
FirePay Customer Service Agent
http://www.firepay.com/
email: info@firepay.com

*** Please include this email in your response ***

From: info@firepay.com Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 17:37:31 To: go9926@yahoo.com Subject: PID936322 Logged In Help - Help withdrawing funds Hi Larry,

When you make a withdrawal from FirePay, information from that withdrawal is sent immediately to the bank account registered to your FirePay account. Because this information cannot be recalled, it is not possible to reverse a withdrawal.

A confirmation email is sent for your records. We strongly suggest you store this email for reference purposes.

Please contact the bank for further assistance regarding this issue.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any additional assistance.

Best regards,

Ayanda Keith

FirePay Customer Service agent

http://www.firepay.com/

email: info@firepay.com

*** Please include this email in your response ***

---------------------------------

From: go9926@yahoo.com Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 17:30:22 To: go9926@yahoo.com Subject: PID936322 Logged In Help - Help withdrawing funds I withdrew money to my checking account a few days ago and I just found out from my bank that my checking account had been canceled. The bank should have returned the deposit back to firepay. Please reimburse my account.

thanks *********

http://mail.yahoo.com

Let me more clear than in my previous message. Please reimburse my firepay account the $700 that I foolishly tried to deposit into my checking account before I realise that my checking account had been closed. I'll make arrangements later to open a new checking account to deposit it into

Old 12-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Guest

Default Re: Let\'s see if Firepay steals my $700.

Please, does anyone have any experience with this. Is firepay known to steal from people? How long before they put the money back in my firepay account? I've got a bad feeling about this. Does anybody know firepay phone number? Any help is greatly appriciated!!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:42 PM
bwana devil bwana devil is offline
Member

Location: austin

[ QUOTE ]
Please, does anyone have any experience with this. Is firepay known to steal from people? How long before they put the money back in my firepay account? I've got a bad feeling about this. Does anybody know firepay phone number? Any help is greatly appriciated!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you need to learn some patience. all of your emails to firepay were in a span of about 12 hours while banks are closed and then you posted here implying they might steal your money. no sympathy.

bwana
Old 12-14-2005, 12:43 PM
CCx CCx is offline
Senior Member

Location: 1 borgata way, with a heineken

The reason no one answered your question in less than 2 hours is because Firepay is absolutely known to steal from its customers. How do you think they stay in business?

Or you could wait a few more business days to see if the money reappears in your Firepay account, which it almost assuredly will.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:45 PM
MrBlueNose MrBlueNose is offline
Senior Member

Bad news, Firepay steal from ppl all the time. You may as well kiss your cash goodbye.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:56 PM
phish phish is offline
Member

Yeah, they robbed me out of $200,000.
I transferred $200k to a Nigerian bank account after some email promised that I would get $2 million for helping him get his money out of the Nigeria.
I emailed the guy later and he says the money never arrived, so Firepay must have stolen it.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:00 PM
uncleshady uncleshady is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]
Bad news, Firepay steal from ppl all the time. You may as well kiss your cash goodbye.

[/ QUOTE ]

This person is referring to an older thread where a guy transferred from PokerStars to an inactive Firepay account and Firepay was all lined up to just keep it. It took a platoon of double secret pokerstars cashout ninjas to get it back.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:10 PM
bwana devil bwana devil is offline
Member

Location: austin

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I contacted the bank this morning and I found out that they sent the funds back to firepay yesterday(dec 13) and said you should get it today or tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just reread your emails. you wrote your own answer. so "today or tomorrow" firepay will get it and should in turn fund your acct. what seems to be the problem?

and as i said earlier, implying a company may steal your money because of your screw up and impatience is low.

bwana
Old 12-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Degen Degen is offline
Senior Member

Location: Re-stealing

you'll get your money but i really hate the way you titled this thing

you think your $700 really means anything to firepay? you think they want to lose their partnership with paradise over you? get real dude.

you'll get your money, it'll just take awhile

chuck wow
Old 12-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Nick-Zack Nick-Zack is offline
Senior Member

My guess is that your bank closed the account because it was very overdrawn. If this is the case then your bank is going to keep the $700 to cover all the fees and bad checks. You will get the rest of it eventually though.

GL