Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 09:22 AM

Default $400 full. Big draw, multiway.

No love from the converter.

$4BB. 10 handed. MP1 ($630) limps, MP3 ($255) calls , Hero (covers) calls in CO with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , SB folds, BB($400) checks.

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot = $18)
MP1 bets $10, MP3 raises to $20, Hero???

MP1 and MP3 don't raise much and are on the loose side preflop. They seem decent and tightish postflop. MP1's flop bet range is quite wide but nothing wierd. MP3 likely has or TP or better. May or may not raise here with a FD.

I've been raising quite a bit this session and have recently raised MP3 on the flop with a flush draw. I feel he doesn't want to fold TP to me here but he may yield anyway. Stack sizes are important here. If you raise then say how much.

I'll give my thoughts later.

Thanks in advance,
James
Old 11-18-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: $400 full. Big draw, multiway.

hero raises - standard line from what i've read here.

not sure exactly how much to pump it up to - i'd say the new pot size.

please correct me if there is a better line/different size bet.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:41 PM

reraise enough to push out a higher flush draw which you are likely up against from at least one of the opponents.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:55 PM

I bump it up to 150 or more to go. You want to get other flush draws out as your are a slight favorite against most hands other than a set. The question you have to ask yourself is if your comfortable moving in with this hand. Because by betting 150 your essentially committing yourself.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:49 AM

I am happy committing vs MP3 but if I get allin vs MP1 it's going to cost me. Considering the pot size we started with I think I'll have made a big mistake somewhere if that happens.

I liked my hand when it was dealt but it's not great vs multiway action or against someone who is prepared to play a flush draw fast and loose. Against conservative players I wonder if the hand plays better with a raise preflop (to get it HU). I'm beginning to suspect that most draws play better HU than multiway.

I'm not so sure how easily I can get rid of FDs and the value of the hand hinges on this. Normally I just play v fast with big draws but here I felt that MP3 was often coming along and that kills much of my value.

I don't like just calling. Maybe it's just one of those hands where there ain't a lot of options.

James