Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 11:46 PM

Default tough situation

utg is a very loose aggressive player. should i not 3bet my AJs? call preflop and check fold if it missed like this? i've been missing tons of flops with high suiteds, and am stuck making tough decisions on either the flop or turn.

Ultimate Bet 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.33 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>,

this here is always a fold though right?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: tough situation

i hate this spot. hate ahte hate it. your hand is too good vs this player to not 3-bet PF. but thats the only easy street when you miss the flop.

I tend to vary my play in this situation, going back and forth between calling down and getting shown 43o, or folding and having them flash QJo.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: tough situation

If he is difficult to play postflop, such as he wont just check/fold unimproved then I'd just call.

The problem is that he raised UTG and even though he is a LAG most of them still know to play a bit tighter in early position.

Your hand is obviously better than his range but he has position on you and as an agro player you make more money postflop when you hit compared to fold equity by 3 betting.

As far as the actual hand yes this is an easy turn fold.