Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Anyone lose connection to one table on Party?

Happened to me on UB Stars Bodog and Party yesterday. And I never have connection problems...
Old 07-15-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
same as everyone else, all day yesterday

Tho I've been losing my connect all day long today on all my tables, but I think its on my end not theres. Cept now I have no more disconect protects so I'm not playing again until I can get them reset. Anyone know how long that takes?

[/ QUOTE ]

like 1 second. just click the dealer try and click the reset disconnect protect button. it does it instantly.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:09 PM

me too, one out of the four freezes up for everyone involved. it may have something to do with the latest software update?
Old 07-15-2005, 05:16 PM

Yes this happens to me ALL of the time. It is very annoying and I actually emailed empire VIP about it this is what they had to say:
[ QUOTE ]

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for contacting customer support.

We are sorry to note that you have been facing inconvenience due to Internet delays. Internet Delays or Internet Disconnections could be due to various reasons, none of which can be influenced by us , like the number of Internet gateways that fall in between our site and your system (more number slows down the process, if any of these intermediate servers are slow, the transmission to your system will also slow down causing Internet Delays or Internet Disconnections), your connection bandwidth, configuration of your system, the number of applications you run simultaneously that access Internet, the amount of available memory space on your system etc.
If you have a dial up connection, which is the minimum requirement, you may wish to upgrade to a cable or a fixed line Internet connection, as that will minimize the chances of disconnections or you may wish to get in touch with your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.

Furthermore, please note that we haveĀ Disconnect Protection. ItĀ is a tool implemented to protect players in the event that their Internet connection is inadvertently lost while involved in a pot. If a player does become disconnected, that player will be allowed to continue in the hand (provided he or she has Disconnect Protection available) and contest that portion of the pot that he or she had become financially involved in up to the point of disconnection.
Disconnect Protection resets are allowed three times in a 7 day period for live game play. Each player is limited to the use of 8 Disconnect Protections (3 resets) within a 7 day period for live game play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so it's a typical response from Empire blah blah blah. I noted that I play NL and that missing a single bet can cost me in the long run. They don't care/respond. I noted that I was a VIP and contributed quite a bit of money to rake over the past 6 months of playing there. They don't care/respond. I also noted in my original email that multiple people from the site were complaingin about the problem AND that this problem has occurred on separate internet connections.

I should also that add that I lost disconnect protect for the week because I kept having to reset it.

So what do we about all of this ? I am considering referring them to this thread.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
me too, one out of the four freezes up for everyone involved. it may have something to do with the latest software update?

[/ QUOTE ]

When did this start happening to everyone else, I think I was having problems before the recent software update, but I belive there may have been some issues with internet connection.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:13 PM

Last night I was losing all of my 4 tables, now it's starting to act up again but only on one out of 4 (~6:00pm) ET.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:15 PM

I had it once in an sng. I mailed them, demanding my money back (more a symbolic thing for me of course, it was only a 5+1) and they payed me.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:49 PM

Happening to me now on 25423
Old 07-15-2005, 10:18 PM

this is getting bad....
Old 07-15-2005, 10:34 PM

Still going on in full force. It started after their software update. I also emailed them and got no response. typical