Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Morbid Question

You need a greater sense of adventure. My vital poker information is hidden somewhere, if I die whoever finds it wins the delicious booty.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need a greater sense of adventure. My vital poker information is hidden somewhere, if I die whoever finds it wins the delicious booty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you leave a map somewhere? They have to find it before your account expires.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:41 PM

I did all this just a couple of weeks ago,
All the usernames & passwords, all the email adresses.
And not to forget; the answer to the secret question some sites (Neteller for example) uses.

I put it in a safe at my parent in law's house.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:15 PM

Not a problem. If Noone knows your passwords he can withdraw your money.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:25 PM

A safety deposit box. Keep it there with your birth Cert, all your passwords, sites, etc. More so, specific instructions for the person you trust the most. <most family memebers are not Nettler smart >
Old 10-20-2005, 07:37 PM

Simplest Solution:

Make the account a joint account with right or survivorship with a loved one. Leave passwords and instructions on how to cash out of all poker sites into neteller, firepay etc. Leave instructions on how to cash out of neteller etc. Problem solved.

Must be a trusted loved one bc if they are listed on account jointly they would have access to the funds.

Making the account Payable on Death might also work but I do not know what the bank would make of transfers after death.

Making a will is a third option however I do not want any court to know my income from poker. It might lead to back audits from irs.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:53 PM

Be careful if Party sends you free candy and you have a high balance. It is probably a strategic plan to poison you and keep your money.

Very beneficial thread by the way, I have given some thought and have the information scattered, but should put something together in a central location.

Poker sites don't have to turn the money over to the government as unclaimed money and then you won't be hunted down.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:28 PM

I have all my passwords (bank, poker, etc) in a password-protected file, and the password is in my safe. (Or at least, it should be - reminds me I ought to check!)
Old 10-20-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Glad you're OK. Now that you are, though, it's pretty funny that the item that springs to mind upon facing down your death is the e-money you'd leave behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really; if you're thinking about dying, isn't making sure your family is provided for a top priority?
Old 10-20-2005, 08:36 PM

I ended up making an Excel spreadsheet with all my account information and passwords which I store on a mini flash drive for this exact reason. At the same time I made a different spreadsheet for transaction logs so my family could find my money if anything ever happened to me. I'm glad I got the initiative to organize everything because in the process I found a couple hundred dollars in my account on a site I haven't played at in months.