Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: \"cheat at online poker\" sites

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody has really replied to the question. The site is http://www.cheat-at-poker.com/ It is $60 or $70 to get they info which I have not done. But what the question is has anyone paid for this and what is he saying he can do. On the web site it says you can see what the other persons cards are. I doubt it but aren't any of you profesional online player curious enough to pay the $70?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pop quiz hot shot!

If you knew how to cheat at online poker would you really tell people how to do it for $70?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my sixteen years as an online professional,

[/ QUOTE ]

-PAUSE-
Old 07-18-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody has really replied to the question. The site is http://www.cheat-at-poker.com/ It is $60 or $70 to get they info which I have not done. But what the question is has anyone paid for this and what is he saying he can do. On the web site it says you can see what the other persons cards are. I doubt it but aren't any of you profesional online player curious enough to pay the $70?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pop quiz hot shot!

If you knew how to cheat at online poker would you really tell people how to do it for $70?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am fairly sure it involves collusion software, but not 100%. This is the only thing that makes logical sense to me here.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In my sixteen years as an online professional,

[/ QUOTE ]

-PAUSE-

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 07-18-2005, 02:42 PM

I read in another thread that this is instructions for downloading and installing vnc on another person's computer. vnc (or the better tightvnc variant) is a perfectly legitimate remote control software which can be used to remote control a farm of servers that don't have any actual keyboards or screens attached, for instance.

You would need access to another person's computer and they would have to not notice that you had installed the software. However, if you could do all of that, you could potentially remote control their computer and see their desktop and, therefore, their cards.

The likelihood of doing this (given that you need physical access to their computer) to any 1 person, particularly one you don't know personnal, is very small. The likelihood that this could be done to you, assuming you don't often let strangers into your house and give them alone time with your computer is 0.

In short, it is a complete scam.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:53 PM

I am glad to hear it is a scam which I knew it must be. So nobody actually wasted the money to buy the program? If anyone did tell us Mr. Jones posting is correct.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot for the life of me understand where these rhumours come from. In my sixteen years as an online professional, I have only come across one person who was actually banned for cheating. It turned out he was a master of mathematics. He figured out a way to count the cards. It was amazing to watch, and he took me for nearly $4000 before he got caught. A cautionary tale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you even post? Nobody thinks you're funny.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:05 PM

Why the hell would you tell people how to cheat for $70 and risk getting caught when you could keep it to themselves and make millions playing poker? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 09:32 PM

A direct quote from the site's Disclaimer.

"While we try to include accurate information on the site, we're not promising you it's accurate. In fact, we're not promising you anything"

As well, the site claims both of the following:

"Earn at least $25,000 in 30-days or you don't pay a cent!"

"There is however NO guarantee that you will earn any money using our information, products, techniques and ideas in these materials."