Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Agression factor

I recently switched over to short table limit after playing primarily full table limit (low limits - 2/4, etc.) for a couple of years.

I have over-agressive tendencies at both full table and short table. I don't have PT stats available for full table available (at work), but over ~ 10K hands of short, I'm running right near 3.8 for all streets.

Now, I think this is too high, and I'm sure others will agree. The problem is I am a naturally agressive person and I find it hard to tone down my agressive tendencies. However, as one would expect, this is not nearly as big a problem short handed as when playing a full table. On the contrary, it is much more of a benefit short handed. So, I have a couple of questions for anyone who has played A LOT of short table.

1. Is an AF of 3.8 way too high in the long run, or can I make it work (I have been doing quite well so far).

2. If 3.8 is too high, can you recommend a 'sweet spot' number I should try and get too. (I doubt it here but figured I'd ask anyway)

3. For those who have suffered the same issue in the past, are there any particular aspects of your game which come to mind as to which concepts you misapplied thus making you over-agressive (yes, I realize this is a real long shot question).

Oh, and the 10K hands are spread out over a period of time, not consistently played over the past week or anything. I started out playing some short handed sessions between full table sessions about 4-5 months ago.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Agression factor

i was over aggr before and am still. but after a while when you lern how to call instead of the easyer bet/fold. i think many players have been overaggr just to avoid doing misstakes and i don't think you have to worry to much about it, at the lower limits everyone is so passive so that if there should come bets into the pot you have to put them their buy yourself and if the happend to bet, the have it. Just keep in mind when you face aggr opponents to use their aggr against them, but against passive opponents, beeing to aggr is not a that big leak