Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: stud high, pretty sure I made a couple mistakes

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't spend a lot of time thinking about how to play hands like 6-9-6-6 in multiway pots, because I'd almost never be holding it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. This post just makes me look like a maniac and I really don't play these hands in a normal situation, I was just throwin money around at a loose table. I usually play 4/8 so this table was a lot different from what I'm used to. Not that thats an excuse. I'm horrible, lol
Old 12-07-2005, 09:54 PM

As Jeff already adamently exclaimed about twenty times, third street is a fold. An easy fold.

Also, I don't think I like the river reraise. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't think I like the river reraise. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, you are an f'n genius. River was a bad reraise in this spot, he rivered 8's full. Spades were very live so I figured he was more likely raising with a flush than another boat and threw in the extra bet, and I lost [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Somehow after an hour I was still up about $100 when I left after losing this $100 pot.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:07 PM

I'm surprised he didn't cap it then. The thing is, I think you will still get an overcall from Seat 3 if you just call, and you don't risk getting reraised. You get the same amount if he does overcall. Not only that, I'm not liking my hand nearly as much after he raises the river there.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, you are an f'n genius. River was a bad reraise in this spot, he rivered 8's full. Spades were very live so I figured he was more likely raising with a flush than another boat and threw in the extra bet, and I lost [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Somehow after an hour I was still up about $100 when I left after losing this $100 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I figured you got paid off because I assumed he would have capped it with 8's full. He was holding the case 6, so he couldn't have been worrying about quads. Oh well, at least his weakness saved you $4, right?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised he didn't cap it then. The thing is, I think you will still get an overcall from Seat 3 if you just call, and you don't risk getting reraised. You get the same amount if he does overcall. Not only that, I'm not liking my hand nearly as much after he raises the river there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. Going for the overcalls here seems best, as it also protects you from losing any more.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:17 PM

Thats probably right, I wasn't really worried about being beaten and totally thought I was ahead when he didnt cap. These guys were calling 2 bets on the river with 2 pair so I thought I might be able to get an extra bet or 2 from the callers after they already called 1 bet. Just calling is going to work here more often though, bad move.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 PM

Yes, but clearly the mistake on third street is what you should be concerned about.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:33 PM

absolutely right, as I said this is in no way a typical hand for me, I'll post some more when I get a chance.

I think Jeff yelled at me enough to never think of calling with 696 again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Jeff yelled at me enough to never think of calling with 696 again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, good work Jeff