Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: What next, jaywalking?

[ QUOTE ]
Y cause u disagree? Do you like big brother telling you how to do everything?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES I DO!

This morning when I woke up, I was confused because someone from the government wasn't there to tell me what to do.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES I DO!

This morning when I woke up, I was confused because someone from the government wasn't there to tell me what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

When they contact you again. I missed the memo on spanking the monkey.

Also could you talk to them about a few more laws that they could make, that they dont enforce
Old 11-07-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Typical situation of the govenrment Micro managing our lives. You want to wear a seatbelt wear it. You dont want to dont. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally.

I'm surprised by this thread. We all love to gamble, drink, have a good time. These are all personal choices that can be argued harmful to yourself and society.

For instance, "we'll all pay higher interest rates for credit cards and mortgages if people run up debts gambling."

Yet the concensus here seems to be that this line of logic is fine for seatbelts and helmets. Where did that come from? How are you getting brainwashed so?

I happen to use a seatbelt, but I hate the idea that the state compels me to do so.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:17 PM

I got ticketed for jaywalking. It was the most ridiculous thing ever. It was a fairly good thread, though. Generated lots of discussion. Not to hijack your thread, but this was the route they expected me to walk just to cross the street:

Old 11-07-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES I DO!

[/ QUOTE ]

Check and Mate.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got ticketed for jaywalking. It was the most ridiculous thing ever. It was a fairly good thread, though. Generated lots of discussion. Not to hijack your thread, but this was the route they expected me to walk just to cross the street:

[/ QUOTE ]

What about above the picture what we can't see? No closer places to cross? This is picture propaganda!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Typical situation of the govenrment Micro managing our lives. You want to wear a seatbelt wear it. You dont want to dont. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally.

I'm surprised by this thread. We all love to gamble, drink, have a good time. These are all personal choices that can be argued harmful to yourself and society.

For instance, "we'll all pay higher interest rates for credit cards and mortgages if people run up debts gambling."

Yet the concensus here seems to be that this line of logic is fine for seatbelts and helmets. Where did that come from? How are you getting brainwashed so?

I happen to use a seatbelt, but I hate the idea that the state compels me to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

YUP!!!!!!!!!!

NH Sir!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 PM

That is the closest place to cross the street.. that crosswalk like 100 miles away.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:08 AM

I remember reading about 5 years ago where a town was going bankrupt -

They generated all income for their police dept. from fines, and rather then enforce laws, they set up situation like a truck in your lane that would require you to pass it cause it's stalled or blocked, and then they'd pull you over and give you a ticket.

Eventually they snagged a State Senator who said bullshit and introduced a law saying at least 50% of a City/County's budget had to come from other sources then fines/infractions - like taxes....

Town almost went bankrupt. .... I supsect there was also some embezellment/graft going on - but I hope they all died poor and hungry - stupid [censored] cops.

RB
Old 11-08-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I personaly thinks its crap. Resources are better spent somewhere else. I do not wear a seat. I think it os my choice.

I do wonder what our forefather would think if they could see what a F***in mess our country is due to the government.

[/ QUOTE ]

your retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming that i think youre retarded simply because i disagree with your opinion is itself, retarded. you should have assumed that i conclude you're retarded because i believe only a retard would express your opinion.

second, that's a nice false alternative you propose. if i support the seatbelt law then i probably want the government telling me how to do everything.

the fact is that the country is unambiguously better off when people wear their seatbelts more. the drop in physical damage resulting from accidents not only saves medical expense, it also spares the loss in productivity that we suffer when people are out of work or die.

believing that an individual's right to go seatbeltless is so valuable that the government shouldn't save thousands of lives by increasing the immediate payoff of wearing a seatbelt is idiotoc.

there may be a small number of people who legitimately prefer not to wear a seatbelt because it makes them so uncomfortable that it's not worth the decrease in safety. if this is the case the law does not significantly hurt them, because the worst it can do to them is have them pay a fine once in a while. this is a very small social cost compared to the overall benefit.

the money cost of enforcing the law is small. it's not like departments are hiring tons of new cops to write seatbelt tickets. it mostly means exisiting traffic cops are a little bit busier, and a few more people get away with speeding/running red lights, etc. than would have without the law.