FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: What next, jaywalking?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF?

I-95 in Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, runs all the way to Reno and beyond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-07-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the way I look at it is that if I want to be a moron by not wearing a seatbelt, I am only hurting myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, sport. If one of your tires blows and you crash into oncoming traffic, and you die because of not wearing a seatbelt, the guy who's hood you're now an ornament on is definitely affected. Killing someone, even if it was completely unavoidable, is a pretty damn tough thing to live with.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
Even worse if the other driver is actually at fault for the wreck. I think you'd be hard pressed to find something a cop could do on a daily basis that will save more lives than getting people to buckle their seatbelts.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, calm down. I wear my seatbelt most of the time. That wasn't really the point of the post, however. The point is that they are wasting their time with this when there are many other better things they could be doing. I don't mind getting a ticket and I won't fight it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't see any more effective way to reduce traffic deaths than to actively fine this. If you crash the wearing seatbelt or not is relatively more important than your speed; in preventing your death.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the way I look at it is that if I want to be a moron by not wearing a seatbelt, I am only hurting myself. However, people who excessively speed and drive dangerously are harming others. That is where I would rather the police focus their energies.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I agree with the sentiments you express here, I am curious to know why you want to hurt yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to hurt myself. As I said, I wear my seatbelt most of the time. Obviously, I should be at 100%. I still don't think that changes my argument, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Click-it or ticket

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look at his avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like i really hate him. But you have no idea how annoying this cick-it or ticket phrase is here in washington.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason the washington DOT likes their clever phrases... "Drive hammered, get nailed"... and "A safer state at point-0-8."
Old 11-07-2005, 08:22 PM

The reason why they make you wear a seatbelt is the same reason why they make people on motorcycles wear helmets. Some dude w/o insurance gets into an accident and has tens of thousands of dollars in hospital bills (that might have been avoided if a seatbelt was worn). Since the guy who got hurt can't afford to pay it, who has to pick up the bill? We do as taxpayers. The seatbelt law is designed to cut down on these types of expenses.

Brad
Old 11-07-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, calm down. I wear my seatbelt most of the time. That wasn't really the point of the post, however. The point is that they are wasting their time with this when there are many other better things they could be doing. I don't mind getting a ticket and I won't fight it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't see any more effective way to reduce traffic deaths than to actively fine this. If you crash the wearing seatbelt or not is relatively more important than your speed; in preventing your death.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the way I look at it is that if I want to be a moron by not wearing a seatbelt, I am only hurting myself. However, people who excessively speed and drive dangerously are harming others. That is where I would rather the police focus their energies.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I agree with the sentiments you express here, I am curious to know why you want to hurt yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to hurt myself. As I said, I wear my seatbelt most of the time. Obviously, I should be at 100%. I still don't think that changes my argument, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Click-it or ticket

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look at his avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like i really hate him. But you have no idea how annoying this cick-it or ticket phrase is here in washington.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason the washington DOT likes their clever phrases... "Drive hammered, get nailed"... and "A safer state at point-0-8."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced that they really want me to hate them.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:26 PM

Good arguments for wearing seatbelts that I hadn't considered. I'll keep it on in the future...etc...etc...
Old 11-07-2005, 08:32 PM

Typical situation of the govenrment Micro managing our lives. You want to wear a seatbelt wear it. You dont want to dont. End of story.

I personaly thinks its crap. Resources are better spent somewhere else. I do not wear a seat. I think it os my choice.

I do wonder what our forefather would think if they could see what a F***in mess our country is due to the government.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Typical situation of the govenrment Micro managing our lives. You want to wear a seatbelt wear it. You dont want to dont. End of story.

I personaly thinks its crap. Resources are better spent somewhere else. I do not wear a seat. I think it os my choice.

I do wonder what our forefather would think if they could see what a F***in mess our country is due to the government.

[/ QUOTE ]

your retarded.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, I-95...are you black?

[/ QUOTE ]

?!?!?!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Y cause u disagree? Do you like big brother telling you how to do everything?