Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Crypto software

I am trying to play at Will Hill and the software gets very slow when I am playing 4 tables. Is this very common? My pc shouldnt be the problem (I think..) Any tips/configuration that I should apply to optimize the performance?

Thank you.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Crypto software

The Crypto software is among the best I've seen at handling multiple tables without putting a load on my system. I regularly play four tables and CPU usage seldom goes above 2-3%. No sluggishness in response noted either.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:06 PM

I can't tell if you're joking or not.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am trying to play at Will Hill and the software gets very slow when I am playing 4 tables. Is this very common? My pc shouldnt be the problem (I think..) Any tips/configuration that I should apply to optimize the performance?

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

On my older PC, this happens if I try to play 3 tables for more than an hour...or 4 tables for 5 minutes. On my new laptop, I can play 4 tables as long as I want.

So, basically, the Crypto software is problematic, but some computers handle it well and others don't...

Acme
Old 09-13-2005, 12:09 AM

I was having lots of problems until I doubled my RAM by adding 512 meg.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not joking. I admit I have a somewhat more powerfull than average computer (dual 2.8GHz Xeon with 1GB RAM running XP), but the Crypto software puts almost no load on it at all.

Poker Room software, OTOH, sucks up huge amounts of CPU time when I have four tables going. I typically see CPU usage of 30% or more when 4-tabling Poker Room. On my machine that equates to 100% of one processor and a small bit of another processor. (Hyper-threading makes it appear I have 4 CPUs so 25% is all of one processor's available time.) If I had a single 2.8GHz non-Hyper-threaded machine I'd be CPU-starved when 4-tabling Poker Room and would no doubt be suffering even more from the disappearing card trick of which their software seems so fond.

By way of comparison, I'm monitoring four tables at Party right now and the Party software is using 1% or less of the CPU time.