Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2003, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Whats the deal with Parties hand histories??

I think I've figured out what they're thinking. It looks like they are catering to the absolute first time player who needs to be prompted / reminded of his possible actions; the guy who tries to check when there is a bet to him and the dealer has to tell him he can only call, raise, or fold, not check. This is the same player who is likely to have to have it explained to him why his hand did not win when he was outkicked.

My bet would be that there has been a management shake up and the guy who made this decision is someone with a degree in computer science who has no experience at poker. That would seem to explain this excessive desire for unimportant detail while obscuring the truly important information.

Other sites have gone by the wayside because they wouldn't provide called hand information. Others (TruePoker comes to mind) have heeded the advice of experts and continued on with success.

They can add the unneeded text if they want, that just makes them harder to read, but if they insist on not showing called hands, I will be cashing out.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:45 PM

They can add the unneeded text if they want, that just makes them harder to read,

Yes, we can certainly wade through the trash.

but if they insist on not showing called hands, I will be cashing out.

As will I.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:54 PM

why would they want to make it more difficult for players to detect?

Old 04-24-2003, 01:55 PM

Default My email to PartyPoker re their hand history

Hi,

You have made a poor decision in not showing the called hands. You might want to do a search on the twoplustwo.com forums to read what the experts have advised several months ago on this point when TruePoker was thinking through this issue

If your team of experts do not understand why I MUST have the hand information then I contend that they are not competent to protect me from that about which I am concerned.

Some who do: ParadisePoker, PokerStars, TruePoker. Some who don't: PokerSpot, ACR. Choose your category.

You could simply insert the players' cards along with the final five card hand if you are firmly committed to your current format.

I have cashed out from Party Poker. Should you rethink your decision in the future I would be happy to play there again.

And, finally, a question: What advantage you think you gain by removing the hand information?

Thanks for your attention,
Terry