Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Tight Passive to Tight Agressive and Getting Crushed

Hi there

I have viewed the boards here for a long time and found the information of great benefit. I have a problem with my 1/2 limit game. A long time ago I purchased Lee Jones and adopted a tight passive nature to my game which for me produced small profits over a long period of time. I managed to amass a small profit over 10,000 hands or so onlY to lose back 75% of it on one disastrous evening which caused me to stop playing limit ring games for awhile and concentrate on what i do best which is limit tourneys and micro n/l ring games. I recently acquired a new taste for limit ring games and went out and purchased a copy of the Miller Sklansky book on low limit holdem. After spending much time studying the book and learning the concepts i returned to the 1/2 fixed tables only to be soundly crushed on my first four 2 hr sessions with my new tight agressive approach. I am sure I am not alone and I am convinced there must be others like me who find it difficult to do from passive to agressive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Tight Passive to Tight Agressive and Getting Crushed

2 hours really isn't enough to evaluate your play.

I suggest posting a couple hands for input in the micro forum (if its 1/2) and playing more hands in general.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:46 PM

I experienced essentially the same downswing directly after reading SSHE, which seems like a silly coincidence. You could be running bad which can certainly happen for extended periods of time in good games where a lot of players go too far with hands and can draw out on you.

Or you could have major leaks in your game, so post hands that you're unsure about and discuss other players' hands as well.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:09 PM

Last week I ate a ham sandwich for dinner, then went online and proceeded to lose 60BB over the next 2 hours. No more ham for me!

Seriously, poker is a long run game. Even 10,000 hands is short run.

Lost Wages
Old 11-15-2004, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last week I ate a ham sandwich for dinner, then went online and proceeded to lose 60BB over the next 2 hours. No more ham for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I supposed to covertly read this forum at work when I burst out laughing at random intervals in my quiet office? thanks a lot...