Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 07:21 AM

Default AJs, Flop fold or River fold

Where do you think I should have let this one go.
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.20 BB, between UTG+1, MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (14.20 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Qh Jd (two pair, queens and sevens).
MP1 shows Ks Ad (two pair, aces and sevens).
Hero shows Jc Ac (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 14.20 BB. </font>

Looking back I wasn't getting the odds to draw to my J on the turn, even with the runner runner flush possibility. I think I can assume i'm either outkicked against AK or even possibly up against AA set after the PF raiser raises the flop. In the latter case I'm practically drawing dead.

After "wrongly" calling the flop though, I think I was right to call the turn, but should have folded the river. What do you guys think of this analysis.

Or is it possible staying in was right here with the possibility of a KK,KQ,A-lower kicker trying to scare me off. My read on UTG+1 was loose, but he'd been at the table for less than an orbit.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:05 AM

Default Re: AJs, Flop fold or River fold

Where do you think I should have let this one go.

Preflop.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 06-22-2004, 08:35 AM

You know what, I think thats right now the more I look at it, but I'd still like to know if everyone here thinks they'd put AJs down in a LL game with ~4-6 to every flop when 3 bet.

Also would it still be right to cold call 2 here?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:11 AM

Hey imitation:

I am with Joe...easy fold preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Also would it still be right to cold call 2 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in this spot. Now if the scenario was that UTG pops it, called in 4 spots and you are on the button with AJs, then cold calling is more reasonable. In your hand, I think there is very little chance for a multiway pot and to commit to 3-bets preflop hoping for others follow is bad. I routinely fold AJo and AJs to raises.

--Rico
Old 06-22-2004, 09:17 AM

This is an easy easy muck preflop, What 3-betting hands are you ahead of?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Cold calling in MP - Generally

Ok interesting I may be too loose then, would you consider limping with this in MP? But then there is a raise from the blinds? What is a correct response, given a passive table. What if the raise comes from LP?

I do think generally i'm not as tight as I could be in MP and it's something I have to work on cold calling raises.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2004, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Cold calling in MP - Generally

imitation:

[ QUOTE ]
would you consider limping with this in MP

[/ QUOTE ]
I would almost always raise with AJs from any position, if the pot were not already raised. If it is raised in front of me, I usually muck.

[ QUOTE ]
But then there is a raise from the blinds? What is a correct response, given a passive table. What if the raise comes from LP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not quite sure what you are saying, but let us say that you either limp or raise in mp with AJs and you are raised/3-bet from lp or the blinds. You should most definitely call this raise. When I say "muck to a raise" I am talking about calling 2 or more cold. If I have already entered the pot, and it is raised behind me, I would basically always call 1 more sb with any holding.

I hope this makes sense.

--Rico
Old 06-22-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Cold calling in MP - Generally

Yep thanks very much thats what I was looking for, basically I was unsure how to treat the hand when the pot had not already been raised. I misunderstood and thought it was best to limp. You also answered my other questions basically with regards to what you should do if someone after you raises or in this case reraises.

Thanks Rico, great help.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:47 AM

Imitation, I think the way this hand played itself out answers your question, doesn't it?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:49 AM

It does =D but hopefully someone else can learn from my mistake.