Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 01:52 PM

Default 3/6 hand vs bakkubakku

live 3/6 game but we are at least trying to play somewhat seriously.

bakkubakku openraises in the CO. I call on the button. sb folds. a bad bb calls. 3 way action for what is going to be the pot minus $4 if it gets too big (ridiculous rake structure), so effectively 5 small bets.

flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bb checks. bakku2 bets. i raise. bb calls. bakku2 3-bets. i call. bb calls. 3 ways to the turn for 7 big bets.

turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bb checks. bakku2 bets. i raise. bb calls. bakku2 calls. 3 ways for 13 big bets.

river: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bb checks. bakku2 checks. i hesitate for a couple of seconds and check behind.

what kind of hands do we have here and how did we play. (and let us be a little openminded about my deicion to coldcall preflop rather than 3-bet or fold, since i know many of you will be curious about it.)

chris aka cdc
Old 11-29-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: 3/6 hand vs bakkubakku

I cant believe you didnt 3bet preflop!! Just kidding [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Ok I'll give it a shot as to what you guys have....I think you have either AJs, AA, or KK. I think bakkubakku's range is much wider, he can have AA,KK,QQ,AJ,KJ,KsQs,AsKs,AsQs, even 9s8s, and 8s7s. Just for fun I'll say you have AA, and Bakkubakku has KK.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:31 PM

I'm going to put you on T9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and bakku2 on either a lower pocket pair. If you had a J you'd value bet this river unless you have reason to believe bakku rivered a Q or a straight.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:41 PM

Homie,

I figured you for QJ until you checked the river. Now, maybe AJs? But I think you'd three bet that. I also have ot think you're betting two pair lots on this river. Bakku's range here is pretty wide, so lets say, I don't know, you have kings?

(note: are you cold calling a hand you'd cold call or [censored] with bakku b/c this is 3/6? If this is [censored] with bakku, then, yeah, KK. If you're cold calling, 77 maybe T9s)

Bakku seems to be on AJ to me. Maybe aces. I don't know.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to put you on T9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and bakku2 on either a lower pocket pair. If you had a J you'd value bet this river unless you have reason to believe bakku rivered a Q or a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll say this.. if i had T9s i'm more likely to bet this river than say... a single pair of jacks.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll say this.. if i had T9s i'm more likely to bet this river than say... a single pair of jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't give it away. If I guessed your hand the least you could do is make everyone else guess. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 11-29-2005, 03:41 PM

Is there a point to these I played so-and-so posts?

How are we supposed to know how you people play? Reads? Stats?

We know nothing except that you are playing "somewhat seriously". Great. How do two random people on a board playing "somewhat seriously" play against each other?

You are capable of playing just about any two cards against each other and make just about any play/bluff against each other based on what you know about each other. Your "open-minded" coldcall starts us off nicely.

I know you guys contribute to the forum in many other ways and its appreciated but this really isnt one of them.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We know nothing except that you are playing "somewhat seriously". Great. How do two random people on a board playing "somewhat seriously" play against each other?

You are capable of playing just about any two cards against each other and make just about any play/bluff against each other based on what you know about each other. Your "open-minded" coldcall starts us off nicely.

I know you guys contribute to the forum in many other ways and its appreciated but this really isnt one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 100% wrong on this. This is a handreading post and it's meant for practice. Chris playing seriously means he doesn't have T4o here OTB -- he has a hand that is playable against a TAG's opening range from the HJ, which is decent but not asinine.

As far as handreading goes this one actually isn't that tough, but attempting it may help your game.

Rob
Old 11-29-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, to see hands. And to be able to read them.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two players who play pretty decently.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and bakkubakku are hardly random people, but I understand your frustration. Also, if this was some BS post where I had 32o or something, I wouldn't have wasted your time.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When two good, decent players play with each other you will be surprised just how little bluffing there actually is goihng on. I do not expect him to have garbage here and he does not expect the same out of me.

About the coldcall. Just because you wouldn't do it, or other 2p2ers wouldn't do it, it does not mean other decent to good players do it to your raises either. so when a decent or good player coldcalls you preflop what do you do? this has nothing to do with me being fancy or "making a play" at him. i'm just playing a hand of poker. nothing more nothing less.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry you feel that way, but *i feel* there are some important concepts in this hand.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:56 PM

BB has a draw maybe 87 for the straight or a flush draw.

bakku2 has KK and slowed down the turn to the raise fearing a set or a cold called AA more a set though.

You have AJs or KQ spades?

But either of these hands I reraise. I assume your cold call was to suck in the fish to increase your equity?