Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 11:54 PM

Default SB gets flush and gutshot draws on flop facing a cap....

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

<font color="blue">For some reason, PokerAce HUD wasn't working on this one table, but CO seemed generally fishy to me--passive and capable of making some pretty strange decisions. (I had some notes on some of the weird things he did, but can't remember the specifics at the moment.)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

<font color="blue">First of all, how often do you complete here with just 2 limpers?</font>

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">I figured I'd lead out with my flush draw and the gutshot...right decision? And then what to do with this cap? I was getting about 4.3:1 here, right? How much should I be discounting for the possibility one of these guys has A-Qx spades? CO didn't seem capable of capping a draw from what I'd seen; but I don't know about the other two.</font>

Turn: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, CO calls.

River: (12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 12-06-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: SB gets flush and gutshot draws on flop facing a cap....

I'd complete here since I'm suited, and definitely if a fish limped. Only exception would be if I knew BB is capable of raising a wide range in this position.

I like the rest of it too. I'm not folding a draw this strong with 4way action on the flop.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:46 AM

First, I'm not a big fan of completing here with 2 limpers. You are out of position and must make a hand in order to win; there's little chance of you winning with a bluff. However, you are suited (I'd like it better if there was a straight possibility too), so why not give it a whirl?

Your call of the cap on the flop was nice, especially if you are pretty sure that BB and MP1 will call as well. I wouldn't put anyone on A-Q suited, as I would expect most players at $2/$4 limit on Party to raise preflop with that holding.

I liked your bet on the turn, even though BB and MP1 ended up folding. You had the other 3 players raising after you on the flop, when you hit the best possible card for your hand. It is very unlikely that anyone is holding 6-7 for a higher straight, and it is likely that one of them has an Ace for the sucker straight. You have the best hand, and is already large, so I like the bet on the flop. I'm deeply confused by the play of BB and MP1 b/c they are willing to call a capped flop but fold to 1 bet on the turn. I would have expected one or both of them to call, and perhaps CO would raise. I don't like checking the turn, even though CO capped the flop. If you check, BB and MP1 are likely to check to CO since he capped the flop. If CO checks too, you've lost out on bets, and if CO bets, what can you do? If you'd just call, why not bet out? If you'd check-raise, you'd be forcing BB and MP1 to call 2 BBs, effectively forcing them to fold when you'd rather have them stick around.

River bet was again good. You made your flush and you must bet it for value here.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:26 AM

sweet hand. i like how u played it. cant fold with all those freakin outs, and you hit all of them.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:39 AM

every street in this hand is perfect, pre flop is an easy complete with any tqwo suited, ditch off suit [censored], flop YOU WANT THIS TO BE CAPPED, your pot equity here is huge, meaning if you lead out, it was raised then three bet, you should be happily capping against 2 other players.

Nice hand
Old 12-06-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flop YOU WANT THIS TO BE CAPPED, your pot equity here is huge

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is entirely true in this particular instance, since the succession of raises increases the chances that someone else has a bigger flush draw.

Based on the turn action, though, I'm guessing that in fact there was an overpair or two out there instead.

Anyway, it's an interesting hand. I only remember ever playing one hand before where the flop action went bet, raise, 3-bet, cap with four players involved. And I made my draw too. (And, since that hand also took place at 2/4, my straight held up even though the board paired on the river.)
Old 12-06-2005, 01:52 AM

sometimes you will run into a higher flush, but those times will be rare, this is an easy cap
Old 12-06-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes you will run into a higher flush, but those times will be rare, this is an easy cap

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have the option. CO already capped it for us.

Flush over flush is rare, but I'm going to argue that it's less rare when you bet a flush draw on a rag flop and the action behind you goes raise, 3-bet, cap.

Anyway, though, I think Hero's play in the hand is fine.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have the option. CO already capped it for us.

Flush over flush is rare, but I'm going to argue that it's less rare when you bet a flush draw on a rag flop and the action behind you goes raise, 3-bet, cap.

Anyway, though, I think Hero's play in the hand is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed