Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Wrist/arm pain

Ive recently had a bit of wrist/arm pain in on my right arm(from doing a lot of internet gambling..right forum [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]). Has anyone who experienced this tried any type of brace on something like that? Any other ideas?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Wrist/arm pain

I wore a wrist brace for a bit when i messed up my hand. It made my are pain go away, but was such a hassle (read: couldn't use a mouse that well) that I would take it off often. Maybe a 30 min on 30 min off rotation?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:30 PM

Smart glove has helped my wrist pain, and pretty much eliminated it.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:40 PM

Try using the keyboard a lot more instead of the mouse. You can actually do almost anything without touching the mouse, it really helps.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Smart glove has helped my wrist pain, and pretty much eliminated it.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is smart glove??
Old 11-28-2005, 02:02 PM

i think having one of those rests were the mouse is to make your wrist straight instead of bent when using the mouse will help some.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think having one of those rests were the mouse is to make your wrist straight instead of bent when using the mouse will help some.

[/ QUOTE ]

My desk has a black bar along the front of it where the mouse is that your wrist rests on. Is that similar to what your talking about?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:36 PM

I had this problem after my first 3-4 months of fulltime poker. I researched all kinds of gloves, braces, etc, but while I deciding what to buy, I took someone's advice of placing my whole arm from the elbow on the desk so that my wrist was straight, and it took away 98% of my pain. Only occassionally do I feel any soreness in my wrist anymore.

To accomplish having my arm laying on my desk, my normal mouse area is about 1.5 feet from the edge of the desk, further away than the keyboard, so that I am reaching forward and my elbow is resting near the edge of the desk.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, if your chair is adjustable, then lower it.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:24 PM

I have started developing the same problem recently. I am almost sure it has to do with the bad posture I use to play poker online. I play for hours on end while sitting on my couch, with my mouse on the couch next to me. The problem is that it is too low, and my wrist is bent in an awkward position the whole time I play. This weekend, I bought a Logitech trackball mouse. I am hoping this will help, since I now only have to move my thumb and not my whole arm to move my mouse around (although if I don't change positions, my wrist will still be bent). Has anyone else tried this?