Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Interesting AA hand 1-2 Empire

CO is a 71/0/1.4

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

&lt;&lt;I check here to see the action if the CO bets and the BB raises or calls I'm gone, but since he folds I don't think I can just let this go - this is a good board to bluff, and this is a good value bet if he has any PP&gt;&gt;

River: (8.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ???.

&lt;&lt;Oh no, why on earth is he betting here? If he has nothing here I would think he would check. Is this an easy fold, or do I make a crying call since I'm getting 9-1?&gt;&gt;
Old 11-16-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Interesting AA hand 1-2 Empire

I hate going on stats alone, but with a VPIP of 71 and AF of 1.4 isn't that rather maniacal? Getting 9-1 I think I have to call an aggressive player here, but I don't like it.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:06 PM

CO either has an 8, and was limping along in the flop. Since it was checked to him on the turn, he bet and got no action.

or
he had a T, was worried about an overpair or third 8 on the flop, and with the turn now doesn't care what you have.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:11 PM

I think that checking the turn is just asking this clown to bet. I would not be too surprised to see him with a lone A he thinks is good. 1.7 is quite aggressive for someone with that vpip.

I generally play this hand in a much mroe strightforward fashion. I bet the turn, and if raised go into call down mode. I am not laying down my aces here unless I face a bet and a CR.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:14 PM

I would bet/fold the turn I think. If you're checking both the turn and river I don't think you can fold.

Another benefit of betting the turn is that people with live draws might get scared off by the double paired board
Old 11-16-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I generally play this hand in a much mroe strightforward fashion. I bet the turn, and if raised go into call down mode. I am not laying down my aces here unless I face a bet and a CR.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. OP slowed down way too soon here.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that checking the turn is just asking this clown to bet. I would not be too surprised to see him with a lone A he thinks is good. 1.7 is quite aggressive for someone with that vpip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. The only reason I'd check this turn is to try and c/r and trap, but that would be a pretty serious case of FPS.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO either has an 8, and was limping along in the flop. Since it was checked to him on the turn, he bet and got no action.

or
he had a T, was worried about an overpair or third 8 on the flop, and with the turn now doesn't care what you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you could have a solid enough read here to fold getting those odds. The only thing you can be scared of here is an eight, a ten, pocket nines, or a backdoored flush. Meanwhile, any pocket pair, any A, or any 9 would bet.

It's probably not a bluff, but it could very well be a bet with a dominated hand, because I don't think Villain would put Hero on his hand because of the weakness shown on the turn. I think that getting those odds you have to call.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:21 PM

I'd bet the turn. Your check induces a bluff from a lot of hands including Ace high, so you kind of have to call there.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Bet the turn.
As you did not --- raise it, probably call a 3-bet. As you did not --- raise that river.