Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Pacific $5.50 sngs vs $6 sngs

Ok, i've searched for similar topics but was unable to find any, however if anyone does know of any them im sorry about that.

Anyhoo, at the moment im in the process of building up my very small bankroll using the $5.50 NLHE 10 man tournaments at pacific, and it occured to me earlier, that surley these tournaments are more profitable than $6 tournaments on other site simply because of the rake. Over 1000 tournaments you would save $500 playing the $5.50s rather than the $6s, and over 100 tournaments you'd save aprox $50 which although only a small amount, contributes nicely to someone (like myself) trying to build up a bankroll to play the $11 tournaments.

Is my hypothesis correct here? Or would factors like being able to multitable on all the other sites cancel the 50c out?
Thanks
Old 07-15-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Pacific $5.50 sngs vs $6 sngs

Ideally, you would want to play at a place that offers multi-tabling and $5.50 STTs (that is, if you feel you're ready to start adding tables). There are places that do this I believe. Hopefully some other posters can help you out with some specific names. The 6s at party just aren't worth it, even if you can multi-table. I imagine the $5.50s at pacific have to be incredibally soft though, plus they have long blind levels (15 hands before blinds change). Because of these factors, I bet you could just ABC a %30 ROI (don't quote me on that though).
Old 07-15-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Pacific $5.50 sngs vs $6 sngs

[ QUOTE ]
Ideally, you would want to play at a place that offers multi-tabling and $5.50 STTs (that is, if you feel you're ready to start adding tables). There are places that do this I believe. Hopefully some other posters can help you out with some specific names. The 6s at party just aren't worth it, even if you can multi-table. I imagine the $5.50s at pacific have to be incredibally soft though, plus they have long blind levels (15 hands before blinds change). Because of these factors, I bet you could just ABC a %30 ROI (don't quote me on that though).

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect description of the 5+.5s at PokerStars. Can multi-table, games go all the time, they're great, and the rake is 50 cents less. And I'm ABC'ing a 30% ROI after 200 SNGs, for what little stastical confidence that offers.

Er...

SHIP IT BATCHES
holla

(thanks, 2+2! -- integral to my success -- and raptor, etc. for the new additions to my vocab...)

WAR baby steps to bigger bankrolls

-IV