Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 11:19 PM

Default STFU U2!

WARNING! Vitriolic rant ahead! Proceed at your own risk!

So, I've just seen the crappy apple commercial featuring the new "song" from these geriatric sub-humans for the 976th time, and I'm on the verge of a murderous rampage. Who gives a rat turd about these talentless liberal wackjobs? I've heard a lot of crappy music in my time, but these witless buffoons take the cake. And what's worse, these guys at one time (1985 or so?) played real music that was semi-possible to listen to. Flushing talent down the toilet is always worse than never having had it to begin with.

One, two, three, fourteen??? How unbelieveably clever! You guys rock! How about shouting "Yeah Yeah Yeah" over and over again! F-ing genius, mate!

Hopefully this is their last attempt to seem relevant to the world. Give it up. Nobody wants to see a bunch of middle-aged shitheads trying to be punk-rock. Leave crappy music to the younger set.

Please, God, just let them all spontaneously combust or something.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:28 PM

Default Re: STFU U2!

[ QUOTE ]
WARNING! Vitriolic rant ahead! Proceed at your own risk!

So, I've just seen the crappy apple commercial featuring the new "song" from these geriatric sub-humans for the 976th time, and I'm on the verge of a murderous rampage. Who gives a rat turd about these talentless liberal wackjobs? I've heard a lot of crappy music in my time, but these witless buffoons take the cake. And what's worse, these guys at one time (1985 or so?) played real music that was semi-possible to listen to. Flushing talent down the toilet is always worse than never having had it to begin with.

One, two, three, fourteen??? How unbelieveably clever! You guys rock! How about shouting "Yeah Yeah Yeah" over and over again! F-ing genius, mate!

Hopefully this is their last attempt to seem relevant to the world. Give it up. Nobody wants to see a bunch of middle-aged shitheads trying to be punk-rock. Leave crappy music to the younger set.

Please, God, just let them all spontaneously combust or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how do you REALLY feel. You seem to be holding back.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:39 PM

Use the search function. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2004, 11:40 PM

STFU people ranting about U2
Old 11-28-2004, 11:51 PM

As a real liberal, I must beseech you not to associate me with U2.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:52 PM

You sound like my mother. "Why don't they sing nice songs you can understand like Barry Manilow?"
Old 11-28-2004, 11:57 PM

Surely you have better evidence that U2 is no longer relevant than '1,2,3,14' and 'yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah' Cuz' if that's all you got, you suck.

I hope your little rant made you feel better, seems a shame a worthless, talentless, irrelevant band like U2 winds you up so much.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Use the search function. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. I actually read that thread a week ago and forgot all about it. You will cut me some slack, though, considering this song is so bad a thousand threads would not be enough to completely dissect its shittiness.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely you have better evidence that U2 is no longer relevant than '1,2,3,14' and 'yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah' Cuz' if that's all you got, you suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there are many other reasons that they are irrelevant besides their retarded toddler-level lyrical skills. But, such is beyond the scope of this thread and should maybe be in the "Politics" forum.

[ QUOTE ]

I hope your little rant made you feel better, seems a shame a worthless, talentless, irrelevant band like U2 winds you up so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so right. The fact that I even care enough to post about these douchebags is embarassing. The next time I hear that seizure-inducing garbage I'll repeat "Serenity Now, Serenity Now, Serenity Now..."

Cripes - of course they are on again as I am posting this! Must I give up TV to avoid these losers?

Edited to remove yelling.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:23 AM

A lot of these problems go away if you stop watching TV. Just a suggestion.