Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Anyone know how they do it? Skipping SB on party

I've accidently done this a million times when i post the big blind my first time at a table but then forget to hit autopost and miss the small.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is not getting the button worth not posting the sb?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true for a good player. A bad player will easily loose to much in the sb and is thus cheating good players out of profit with this 'trick'.

[/ QUOTE ]

are bad players sophisticated enough to :

1) figure out how to skip the sb?

2) realize it costs them more money to play the sb than to skip it?

3) give up their utility of gambling in the sb and button for what may appear to be small amounts of money?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I believe a bad player is simply thinking: 'Wauw, I can get away with not posting the small blind!' I was simply pointing out that this can still be unfair angle shooting, even if it would be unprofitable for some of us.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know how these guys are doing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I want to grab a beer or something I always just sit out after my big blind and then rejoin the game when I get back. No trick to it at all as far as I know - and no small blind payment either. I've always thought everybody had the ability to do it.

Must say though that when opponents intentionlly do it every round it starts to get annoying. Like you're either playing or you're not - stop being a nit.

Legian
Old 12-28-2005, 05:29 AM

regardless of whether or not it would be aprofitable strategy for you to employ, it still costs you money when your oppenents do it.
you're paying more for a fewer number of hands each round.

-WT
Old 12-28-2005, 08:03 AM

An odd different situation happened to me. I was utg, I raise, folded to the big blind... he times out, he's sittin g out next hand and I'm.... the SMALL BLIND!? I skipped my big blind! That can't be right. And the positions are backwards heads up. Party needs to fix some things.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:37 AM

Guess it is debatable about whether this is +EV or not, but it sure is nice for the player to the left of the person who does this. He gets to skip the BB every orbit.

This has been going on for at least the 3+ years I've been playing on pp.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:32 PM

Well I'm curious about the original title of the post. HOW DO THEY DO IT? Every time I accidentally time out or otherwise miss the SB, Party makes me post 1 BB in the CO to come back in.

Sounds like there is some sort of trick involved, as to whether you VOLUNTARILY sit out, or whether you time out from the BB.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm curious about the original title of the post. HOW DO THEY DO IT? Every time I accidentally time out or otherwise miss the SB, Party makes me post 1 BB in the CO to come back in.

Sounds like there is some sort of trick involved, as to whether you VOLUNTARILY sit out, or whether you time out from the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think if you did post BB but forget to auto-post or not respond in time to post your SB, then there is NO dead blind for you to re-post after that hand. The only time you get the dead big blind + penalty small blind is if you DID miss your posted BB, I believe. Anyone can correct me here...

P.S. Of course when I accidentally do this rarely, I rather just take a mini-break and "wait for BB" for one orbit than to pay the stupid penalty small blind on top of posting a dead big blind...

* CalvinTy
Old 12-28-2005, 04:10 PM

Why would you alert Party support? Sitting on this guys left is an advantage (since then you don't have to post your big blind when he does this) to you so why make a fuss? I know exactly how to do it, but I rather not share.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you alert Party support? Sitting on this guys left is an advantage (since then you don't have to post your big blind when he does this) to you so why make a fuss? I know exactly how to do it, but I rather not share.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know how to skip the BB each round? or just the sb? b/c we've already proven that if you're a good player, it costs you money to not get your button.

Barron