Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Fold TPGK to 3 flush turn CR?

Villain is 52/0 over 60 something hands with AF on the 3 streets of 0.12/0.54/3.34. I've folded to his river check/raise once after raising PF and betting all the way, haven't seen him bluff yet.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero ???
Old 11-11-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Fold TPGK to 3 flush turn CR?

I'd call it down. Even if he never bluffs, this is quite frequently a weaker ace. If he took notice of your river fold it might even be a lone K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] despite his numbers.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:43 PM

what style do those stats correspond to (i.e. tight/loose, passive/neutral/agressive, etc.)?

unless he's pretty agressive i'd say you're already beat. the pot isn't that big either. probably fold.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:44 PM

looks appropriate
Old 11-11-2005, 11:03 PM

You think this is a flush over 75% of the time?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:16 PM

My rule of thumb is not to fold here if the turn is an overcard to the flop and it helped my hand. He could be doing this with a weak ace, like Redd said, or he could be doing it with two pair (e.g. Ace rag), in which case you've got a decent number of outs. I think you can call down.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:24 PM

Do you have a WSD figure?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think this is a flush over 75% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]
it doesn't have to be a flush. sets, aces up, joo know? next time this happens against him i'm going to think maybe he's trying to punk me
Old 11-11-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what style do those stats correspond to (i.e. tight/loose, passive/neutral/agressive, etc.)?

unless he's pretty agressive i'd say you're already beat. the pot isn't that big either. probably fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree. If I'm the villain I don't bluff here if I put hero on an ace. He's liable to call me down, making the bluff backfire. If I'm strong -- two pair or better -- I checkraise for value here, because nine times out of ten they call and then call again on the river.

For me, as a player, checkraising for value in a situation like that is something I do automatically the majority of the time, and I get paid off so often I feel guilty. The turn is the best time for it -- if I wake up and bet out on the turn, they may get scared. If I checkraise the turn, they already feel committed somehow, and allow themselves to be strung along down to the river. If I bet the turn and try to checkraise the river, they're more than likely going to check behind me.

If hero can lay down his hand there, it's a good fold.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a WSD figure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fairly low for someone with his other stats, like 33%. Don't see how it helps the decision much, though, especially since this takes awhile to converge.