Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 07:11 PM

Default JJ with lots of action

UTG is 41/11/1.62, MP1 is 30/9.85/1.36, but not a lot of hands on either, and early in the game. I considered 3-betting UTG's check raise on the flop, but I really didn't think anybody would fold, and I was starting to think maybe I was against at least one bigger pocket pair and maybe a set, so I just called. Then they both come out firing on the turn. Now what? I just can't read donks. They'll slowplay a set, but call down overwhelming aggression with ace high. And I have two of them here.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-04-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: JJ with lots of action

You're losing to UTG a lot of the time.

It seems AA and KK would cap pre-flop, but not always.

You're also behind QQ and TT, (although TT's best play would be to lead the flop).

It's difficult to tell exactly what MP1 might have, but with the chances of you being behind UTG along with MP1's play on the turn, I'm folding. (UTG might also make it 3-bets behind you, which would suck hard.)
Old 11-04-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think three-betting the flop was in order.

With things as they are, I'm inclined to fold the turn, because it sure looks like playing means I might be likely be the meat in a reraise sandwich. This is why I would've preferred to have reraised the flop, because I would have gotten a better feel for their holdings at the sb price.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:28 PM

I hate to say it, and would hate to do it, but I think fold is the answer. Someone has to have a queen. Those two are having a kicker war. Sucks to throw away premium hands but sometimes you just have to. I have to admit it is easier saying to throw away two jacks on this forum than actually having them in your hand.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:30 PM

I think you have to fold this on the turn.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might be likely be the meat in a reraise sandwich

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, sweet.

I really don't think the turn is that close.