Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 09:29 PM

Default My October offer -

$650 for 6465 raked hands................ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

How the hell do they decide on these things........ [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

This account has not had any activity since Feb. of 2005, although it accumulated 18,000 player points - good for a leather jacket and some shirts.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 05:20 AM

Default Re: My October offer -

It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't intentionally distributing players into random bands and giving them better/worse offers based on that, so they can test the effectiveness of various offers. When I wrote software for a marketing department that did offers like this it was pretty common practice. In fact there was a poor group of suckers who were the "control group" who we would never make any offers to what so ever, basically we would be as mean to them as possible to get a baseline for how people would act without incentives.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Party VIP offers - November

Getting a hummer AND getting paid? Isn't that the best of all worlds? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes a person a VIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

The VIP team consists of a small group of people that have poker experience and is headed by someone that I feel is dedicated to making it work. They are currently in the process of putting together a dedicated VIP support team.
The offers/promotions that many of you are receiving are the first to go out, and will help to define the future of the program. Nothing is concrete and everything will be evaluated as the program stabilizes. There will be new offers/promotions in the future. As the program matures there will also be higher levels.
Whether you currently play at PartyPoker.com, used to play or have never played you will be considered equally. You don’t need to be “inactive” or “super active” to get a better deal. There will be minimum requirements to stay a VIP and those that don’t meet it will be replaced.
If you are looking for something to replace rakeback this isn’t it. Rakeback was never allowed at Party (or through the skins) and I don’t believe it ever will be.

If you haven’t been contacted by someone in the team you can email them at vip@partypoker.com.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are looking for something to replace rakeback this isn’t it. Rakeback was never allowed at Party (or through the skins) and I don’t believe it ever will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:37 AM

Wow! That is a sweet offer. I would jump at the chance for that one.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$1200 for 15K raked hands

[/ QUOTE ]

8 cents/hand. I think that's the best one so far. What limit(s) do you play? And what's your history with PartyPoker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play about 800 $55 NL SNG's a month and 20K hands of 5/10 6 max. This is a "new" account so it has no history.

The original offer was $600 for 7500 raked hands but we moved it to $1200/15K.

NZ
Old 10-28-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody expects the VIP program to replace rakeback. However if it is to be successful in attracting high volume players it has to be competitive with rakeback.

I've been participating in the October offer only as an experiment to see if I get a competitive November offer. If I don't get a competitive offer PartyPoker might as well close my account after I cash out.

I suspect many other players share the same feelings.

Stu
Old 10-28-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What makes a person a VIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

The VIP team consists of a small group of people that have poker experience and is headed by someone that I feel is dedicated to making it work. They are currently in the process of putting together a dedicated VIP support team.
The offers/promotions that many of you are receiving are the first to go out, and will help to define the future of the program. Nothing is concrete and everything will be evaluated as the program stabilizes. There will be new offers/promotions in the future. As the program matures there will also be higher levels.
Whether you currently play at PartyPoker.com, used to play or have never played you will be considered equally. You don’t need to be “inactive” or “super active” to get a better deal. There will be minimum requirements to stay a VIP and those that don’t meet it will be replaced.

If you haven’t been contacted by someone in the team you can email them at vip@partypoker.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, Mike.

Whether one views it as a "replacement for rakeback" seems immaterial. To echo Stu's point the fundamental issues are: (1) what incentives will Party offer to attract high volume players to the site, and (2) how does the expected value of those incentives compare to the incentives offered by other rooms? Whether Party is or is not unalterably opposed to something that walks like rakeback and talks like rakeback (but isn't rakeback), it cannot change the underlying econmic drivers of the potential relationship: high volume players generate higher revenue for Party; high volume players are aware of the revenue being generated by their play; and high volume players expect incentives commensurate with the revenue they generate. If the nascent VIP program is merely an extension of a points system whereby we can all use points to buy more beanies or tourney entries, then the incentive value is very low, and high volume players will naturally drift to roooms that offer comparable games and better incentives. I'm sure this must be obvious to these folks running VIP and I would presume that if they want to make it successful they shouldn't really try to pick a fight with or otherwise ignore the underlying economics driving the issue. That's a losing battle.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:11 PM

1000$ for 25000 hands :/
I was so happy that they finally called me that i said "Thank you very much!". I play 5/10 and mainly 10/20 SH lately.