Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-31-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: The last stand of the American Republic....

[ QUOTE ]
But hey, the enemies of the United States appreciate your attempts to limit the effectiveness of our government in dealing with them. They depend upon the selfishness of those american citizens who refuse to make small temporary sacrifices of personal liberties while our troops are dying in the field in order that they might win through a strategy of sapping our political will to get us not to engage them when such engagements can only be won with timeframes longer than 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF, as you say, Terrorists hate our freedom....

then I can think of no better way for them to win then for us to allow GWB to turn his spying eyes inwards towards our own citizens -

the fact is, as terrible as 9/11 is, it's not worth replacing an entire republic, founded on individual liberties and a government that is kept in check, with an autocracy that uses big brother like surveillance to monitor "potential" enemies in the hopes of preventing another one.

My country - (the red states, at least) are too important...

In theory, I should also be fighting for your rights to be free from government observation - but truth is, I couldn't give a flying [censored] if you Republicans wanna let the Govt. into your private lives and your bedrooms - but they stay out of mine.

RB