Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-23-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: 25K party points in a week possible?

[ QUOTE ]
You do not believe that there are 30 Gold members, who have a desire to go on the cruise, capable of 10-tabling 10/20 6 max for 19 hours on a Saturday, starting at midnight and shooting off an email before dinnertime that they have completed the promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that most of the people who are capable of 10 tabling 10/20 6max are not gold members at party because they were signed up at Eurobet until the party split in October and just started playing a significant number of hands at party again.

Also, a lot of people are going to be travelling/spending time with their families this week so I think that's going to reduce the number of people going for this.

Finally, take a look through the archives of Microbob's blog. He did a similar promotion last year where he had to earn 20K party points I think and he got the required number of points 3 or 4 days into the promotion and managed to get 1 of the 10 cruise seats. This year you have to get more points and Party is not counting bonus points so I stand by my prediction that Party won't be giving away all 30 cruise seats from this promotion.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You do not believe that there are 30 Gold members, who have a desire to go on the cruise, capable of 10-tabling 10/20 6 max for 19 hours on a Saturday, starting at midnight and shooting off an email before dinnertime that they have completed the promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that most of the people who are capable of 10 tabling 10/20 6max are not gold members at party because they were signed up at Eurobet until the party split in October and just started playing a significant number of hands at party again.

Also, a lot of people are going to be travelling/spending time with their families this week so I think that's going to reduce the number of people going for this.

Finally, take a look through the archives of Microbob's blog. He did a similar promotion last year where he had to earn 20K party points I think and he got the required number of points 3 or 4 days into the promotion and managed to get 1 of the 10 cruise seats. This year you have to get more points and Party is not counting bonus points so I stand by my prediction that Party won't be giving away all 30 cruise seats from this promotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope your right, because I'm only blue (your reasoning on why is correct) and I'll be attempting this by 10-tabling the $10/20 6max. It's going to take me at least 3-4 days though, possibly 5. So if a lot of people go for it, there is no way I am going to be in the top 30.

Edit: Umm, this is going to suck. It's going to take 48 hours approximately as a blue member. Let's make that 4-5 days now I'm gonna take. Stupid Christmas.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:37 PM

When I did it you could only do 4-tables max.

that makes a big difference obviously.

They did 2 promotions last year.
the first one (which I did) was first 20 players to 30k points.
double-points for happy-hours though (and the promo was for ALL points...not just 'regular' points) so for 10 of those hours, from 4a-2p eastern, I was getting double (just like a gold-member would now...except they get it all day).

4-tabling on the 10/20 6-max it took me 4-days of about 15 hours each on average and somehow I was one of the first 20 to make it.

Because of the 4-table limitation it took several more hours to do it even with the double-points on happy-hours.