Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Should I use PP strategy for Stars Turbos?

I have been playing the $11 and $22 Stars regular SnGs and just switched over the the turbos and was wondering if you guys use the same strategy as PP SnGs, ie. supertight early and pushbot late.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Should I use PP strategy for Stars Turbos?

yes, the same aproach is needed.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:22 PM

cool, thanks.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:26 PM

I don't know about you guys but I've been opening up my game early at the $27-turbos, and preliminary results have been g00t. These extra 700 in chips leave me alot of room to make moves on people that I just can't pull of at Party. And it worked pretty good against you guys at the trout tables too yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 05:35 PM

Due to the slightly deeper stacks the first two levels do allow for a little more play, however unless you are confident in your post flop game and don't think you are gonna get stacked regularly when you flop TPGK than you should just fold and only play JJ+ the first 2 levels.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:50 PM

What level do you start getting more aggressive (like raising every time you open a pot). In the regular speed tournys I would limp with limping hands and raise with raising hands in the first 3 levels, then when the blinds hit 50/100 I stop limping and always raise and usually take the blinds doing this. But in these turbos I tried always raising when the blinds hit 50/100 and would get 3 or 4 callers so I think I still need to be limping with limping hands at 50/100.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:54 PM

its very similar. one difference is that the blind structure increase from levels 5-7 is quite gradual compared to party (75/150 - 100/200 25a). saving up chips for L8 is key.