Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 05-29-2005, 10:27 PM

Default How crooked is Party Poker? My two cents.

I'm playing in their Million dollar tourney yesterday and of about 1900 entries, we're down to about 600. Pays top 220. I'm right on the avg stack and am in first position with pocket A's. Blinds are 200/400 and I raise to 1000 from first position. Table folds all the way around to the bb who calls. Flop comes A, 9, 2. I've got the nuts with trip A's and want to see how much I can extract. I go in for another 1000 and am promptly raised all in by the BB. He has trip 9 at best so I quickly call. He has me covered barely and shows K Q of diamonds. So he now has AKQ of diamonds to my trip A's. Of course he quickly gets runner runner J, 10 to end my run. First what are the chances that he gets the J, 10 to hand me the beat but more importantly, why would he be anywhere near that hand to begin with? If someone raises like that from 1st position, you've GOT to put them on a solid pair or high Ace at least. It's bad enough that he called the raise from his position but to raise all in with AKQ when I obviously had a big hand is laughable. His comment after the runner runner draw was that "he had a feeling". Give me a break. Anyway, this clown proceded to finish 2nd in the event and pocket 117K. Too convenient if you ask me. Somehow, someway, I'm convinced that the winners of these tourneys can somehow be manipulated. There's no way a moron like that makes that play in the first place after 3 hours of building a stack. Any thoughts or was it just another bad beat?
Old 05-29-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: How crooked is Party Poker? My two cents.

Good first post.

Nice first post buddy.

he bluffed, got lucky.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing in their Million dollar tourney yesterday and of about 1900 entries, we're down to about 600. Pays top 220. I'm right on the avg stack and am in first position with pocket A's. Blinds are 200/400 and I raise to 1000 from first position. Table folds all the way around to the bb who calls. Flop comes A, 9, 2. I've got the nuts with trip A's and want to see how much I can extract. I go in for another 1000 and am promptly raised all in by the BB. He has trip 9 at best so I quickly call. He has me covered barely and shows K Q of diamonds. So he now has AKQ of diamonds to my trip A's. Of course he quickly gets runner runner J, 10 to end my run. First what are the chances that he gets the J, 10 to hand me the beat but more importantly, why would he be anywhere near that hand to begin with? If someone raises like that from 1st position, you've GOT to put them on a solid pair or high Ace at least. It's bad enough that he called the raise from his position but to raise all in with AKQ when I obviously had a big hand is laughable. His comment after the runner runner draw was that "he had a feeling". Give me a break. Anyway, this clown proceded to finish 2nd in the event and pocket 117K. Too convenient if you ask me. Somehow, someway, I'm convinced that the winners of these tourneys can somehow be manipulated. There's no way a moron like that makes that play in the first place after 3 hours of building a stack. Any thoughts or was it just another bad beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is you're not taking this too well. Maybe you should stick to your home games, because clearly, online poker is rigged against you.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is you're not taking this too well. Maybe you should stick to your home games, because clearly, online poker is rigged against you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-29-2005, 10:48 PM

Fold preflop
Old 05-29-2005, 10:59 PM

alright then, I see I'm getting no sympathy here. How long then until I stop simmering from this moron making a horrible play and winding up with 117K? I thought it'd be gone by today but nope. Had plenty of bad beats but this one smelled. Thanks for allowing me to vent. I feel better already knowing it sounds like par for the course for you guys.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:01 PM

I take beats personally sometimes too, especially when it costs me potentially thousands... nothing you can do but keep playing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 11:07 PM

Would any of you have played the A's differently from that position or was my play ok? We each started the hand with just over 6000 chips. Maybe an all in after the flop but I wanted to extract what I could, certainly wasn't afraid to be called. I wanted the all in so I guess it didn't matter how I got there.