Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Middle pair, standard fold?

Standard fold here? Just started a session and have no reads...

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 12-16-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Middle pair, standard fold?

no you cant fold because you have three sevens

(thats a lot of sevens)
Old 12-16-2005, 01:13 PM

Ughh don't post UTG just wait one hand. I fold this flop but the pot isn't exactly small at this point and time so that may be incorrect.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:19 PM

*grunch*
Why post UTG?

On the flop, the pot is laying you 9:1 to call, and you have 3 outs to improve to trips or two-pair without completing the flush, plus a backdoor straight draw. In the micros you can probably count on 2 or 3 more calls behind you, giving you good implied odds to call.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:21 PM

First off, why are you posting UTG? Wait one hand, dude. Second, cut off the action after BB bets into you, we don't need to see you would have hit trips on the turn. Lastly, you're getting 9:1 on your call, with prolly more calling behind you looking at the way the table played pf. I'd give you 2 outs for your 7's, 1.5 for your sixes (discounted due to possible str8), and 1.5 for your BDSD. I think you have enough to call here

-Jaran
Old 12-16-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no you cant fold because you have three sevens

(thats a lot of sevens)

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded the flop... I had 1 pair of 7s. Shouldn't have posted the whole hand.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, why are you posting UTG? Wait one hand, dude. Second, cut off the action after BB bets into you, we don't need to see you would have hit trips on the turn. Lastly, you're getting 9:1 on your call, with prolly more calling behind you looking at the way the table played pf. I'd give you 2 outs for your 7's, 1.5 for your sixes (discounted due to possible str8), and 1.5 for your BDSD. I think you have enough to call here

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't people notice that kind of thing? I suppose it's such a small limit that it doesn't matter... I agree with the outs you counted, I should have called, thanks.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't people notice that kind of thing? I suppose it's such a small limit that it doesn't matter... I agree with the outs you counted, I should have called, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, they don't. They're too busy playing their own hands to bother with whatever anybody else is doing. Having said that, I'd probably notice and peg you as a fish. Also, don't worry about what others think. This game is about making money, and you're costing yourself money by posting so early. My general rule is to post only from MP2 or later - if the table is full. Most here will say the only place to post is from the CO, but I think the cost is small in relation to the couple of extra hands I get in.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ughh don't post UTG just wait one hand. I fold this flop but the pot isn't exactly small at this point and time so that may be incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same. Just wait for the BB. The only time I post ahead of the BB is if I'm in LP and it's 10 handed.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:23 PM

I think folding is the best play. You've got a weak made hand (middle pair no kicker) that's easily outdrawn if ahead (especially with the flush draw on board) and with little chance to improve if you're behind (I give you 4 outs), plus you're out of position with 6 players left to act behind you (the SB could check-raise). The only positive argument for not folding is the size of the pot (currently 9 SB and it'll only get bigger).

If you were sure there'd be no raise behind you, this is an easy call, but you don't want to call a raise with this hand.

However, if you're going to play this hand, I'd raise. It's not guaranteed that the BB has you beat. You won't get a flush or straight draw to fold, but you're happy if any overcards or big single diamonds fold.

Fold &gt;&gt; raise &gt; call

PP