Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-14-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: lexus is250 vs hoopty

[ QUOTE ]

GUY ON THE INTERNET SAYS BUY A DUCATI, YOU FX^#ING DO IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, you gotta get a bike... maybe a 20k "hoopty" and a bike? Mmmmmm
Old 12-14-2005, 07:39 PM

sl,

Boxsters start around 40, 911s around 70. That's prob too much of a stretch given his budget goals.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sl,

Boxsters start around 40, 911s around 70. That's prob too much of a stretch given his budget goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I know.... but I'm just saying... If you're going to bother getting a Porsche, don't get a Boxster. They just scream... Hey I finally got a real job (after college), and my first paycheck, time to pretend I'm rich.... At least that's all I see in the people who drive them here.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:42 PM

sl,

"They just scream... Hey I finally got a real job (after college)"

Maybe after college, but right now for this kid, it screams to all the hot college chicks "look at me, I'm 19 and have a brand new Porsche!"
Old 12-14-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lexus's aren't even cool in Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that isn't some east coast bias. Texas is big, and yes I would say it leans a bit to the country side. But living in the 4 big cities (H-town, Big D, SA, and Austin) are quite urbanized. Haven't you ever seen a Mike Jones video?

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot to put "big" in quotes.

waco- imo theres much more you can do with the money rather than buy a overpriced car. the finance is pretty simple, car loses value, insurance is a [censored], etc. i honestly think that its pretty vulgar and im not sure how much it will genuinely attrack peoples postive attention. it is hard to live up to the cash spending rep that you will get if your are like yayo in the lexus, the golddiggers will see this and bounce out. if you are a baller and make good money from poker it will show in subtle ways, you dont have to flaunt it. esp when in college and on the golf team... i dont see how you should need that much help.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sl,

"They just scream... Hey I finally got a real job (after college)"

Maybe after college, but right now for this kid, it screams to all the hot college chicks "look at me, I'm 19 and have a brand new Porsche!"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, and if you say you got it by playing poker.... Guaranteed action...
Old 12-14-2005, 07:48 PM

Voltron,

It's not that he needs the help, it's that he's looking to take his game to the next level in a fun, somewhat over-the-top manner. Just living it up, who knows what might happen tomorrow? Sure, he'll have 300k in 30 years if he sticks it in the bank, but there's a lot of other ways to make 300k. And who knows, he might not be alive in 30 years. What good is that 300k then?

For people who still don't understand it, check out Last Holiday on January 13.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Voltron,

It's not that he needs the help, it's that he's looking to take his game to the next level in a fun, somewhat over-the-top manner. Just living it up, who knows what might happen tomorrow? Sure, he'll have 300k in 30 years if he sticks it in the bank, but there's a lot of other ways to make 300k. And who knows, he might not be alive in 30 years. What good is that 300k then?

For people who still don't understand it, check out Last Holiday on January 13.

[/ QUOTE ]

first im not even convinced that the car will be that great for getting girls, it is easy to get ass in college, and the girls he will get with an is250 will not be unworldly in quality and will be annoying and all that. we are talking about a lexus, not a ferrari or top end porsche (not to knock the lexus, but its a big gap).

2nd your financial analysis sucks, but you are funny in character. nh.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:04 PM

Voltron,

The 300k is not from sticking all the money in the bank, just the difference between buying an awesome car and a less awesome car.

As I said before, I have no idea about the is250. That's why I suggested something like a Porsche instead. For his purposes, I think the Boxster would do fine.

Obviously, like Ed Miller, when you get older you will have plenty of money in your investment account to buy a nice minivan and white picket fence for your house, which is cool.

WACOKID however, is more concerned about partying like a rock star for as long as possible - more power to him.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:07 PM

Slipoker,
You don't like the new mustang? Not even the speciel edition Bullit ones?

Guids,

I operate on the "if its good enough for 50" principle of cool, so if i was going for a sedan around 40k I would definately roll the 300.

El D,
Your taste in Lexis is much better than the OP's

OP',
I asked my GF (born and raised in Waco)what kind of vehicle would be most +EP in Waco and she concurred with some of the other posters "some kind of big expensive truck".

I agree with El D though, you're to young to be thinking about saving etc, get some wheels.