Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 04-10-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Live Charity Tournament Hand

I played in a charitable tournament put on by a local catholic church. 100 players. $100 buy in. $3000 to the winner. Pay 8 other spots but only $300-100 for those. Everyone started with T85. Blinds started at 1/2 and then were to raise every 30 minutes. No preconceived notion of how fast the blinds would go up; they appeared to just decide at the moment. Blinds had increased from 1/2 to 2/4 then to 5/10, then to 10/20..which brings me to the hand in question.

I have T300 or so. 23 left in the tournament. They had just consolidated us all to three tables so half or more of my table is new to me. My stack is below average (average being around T370), but I am really one of the larger at my particular table. We just came off break and they announce the blinds are now 25/50. I just went from 15xBB to 6xBB in a matter of seconds. I am UTG and have A9-spades. The players I had been with had been pretty tight. BB is the big stack (guessing about T500) having just taken out someone. 7 players at my table.

Do I push here or wait for a better spot?

Thanks for the input
Old 04-12-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Live Charity Tournament Hand

No love?

OK..let me tell you what happenned. I decided to push it right there. Actual count of chips was 270. The folding parade begins and it looks like I am going to pick up the blinds (25/50) when the BB calls and turns up KK. Catches a K on the flop..one spade comes and I am gone.

Thinking about the hand later I decided I was a little too rushed once the blinds went up to 25/50. I guess I should have folded that hand UTG and waited for a better spot.

Is this thinking results oriented or am I correct that my play was bad.

Thanks
Wisch