Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Compare and Contrast: SimCity 4 and Civ 3

I've seen previews for it. It's tempting. I kinda like the giant monster idea, but I'm not sure it deals with the "city" aspect that I like.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:18 PM

I always find that I have to turn off all other victories besides Military Conquest, because if I don't then I beat the game too early.

Ok, I guess I just turn off diplomatic & space race. I think there's a few other weird ones. I'm pumped for Civ4. That [censored] needs to be leaked already.

Freakin
Old 10-13-2005, 04:20 PM

In theory, Black & White is a good game. In actuality, it sucks. Way too CPU intensive once your city gets big, even at low video settings (for the new one). Very disappointing game.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In theory, Black & White is a good game. In actuality, it sucks. Way too CPU intensive once your city gets big, even at low video settings (for the new one). Very disappointing game.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is how long it takes for your dude to get huge. I want some giant, people-eating ape--not a guy who throws rocks and steps on bushes when he's angry. I got through 2 or 3 levels and quit from boredom.

I just started playing AOE3, and it's pretty good so far.

Freakin
Old 10-13-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always find that I have to turn off all other victories besides Military Conquest, because if I don't then I beat the game too early.

Ok, I guess I just turn off diplomatic & space race. I think there's a few other weird ones. I'm pumped for Civ4. That [censored] needs to be leaked already.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pumped for Civ 4. I liked a lot of the improvements in Civ 3 - except they need to tweek the area of political influence aspect.

Also, the middle of the game is too long ... meaning, towards the end, you get only about 5 - 10 turns to use 20th century military improvements before they are obsolete. That sucks in contrast to the 120 turns you use playing the Knights, etc.

In many ways Civ III is better than Civ II in theory, however, the game play is still superior in Civ II. This is why I am eager for Civ IV ... I think they will get is right this time.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is how long it takes for your dude to get huge. I want some giant, people-eating ape--not a guy who throws rocks and steps on bushes when he's angry. I got through 2 or 3 levels and quit from boredom.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Home cities suck. I predict AOE3 bombs pretty hard.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not far enough in the game yet to get to use my home cities... Between working and gambling, I don't have much time for fun...

Freakin
Old 10-13-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not far enough in the game yet to get to use my home cities... Between working and gambling, I don't have much time for fun...

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope i'm wrong. I only spent a few hours with the demo (i didn't go campaign, i went straight to the multiplayer maps). It felt like a dumbed down version of age2 like aom did. Hopefully i'm wrong and the final version is much better than the demo but I don't think that is going to be the case.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope i'm wrong. I only spent a few hours with the demo (i didn't go campaign, i went straight to the multiplayer maps). It felt like a dumbed down version of age2 like aom did. Hopefully i'm wrong and the final version is much better than the demo but I don't think that is going to be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should make a followup to Rise of Nations... except without all the shitty endgame techs that are like cheat codes... That game was like a great crossbreed of AOE & CIV.

Freakin
Old 10-13-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They should make a followup to Rise of Nations... except without all the shitty endgame techs that are like cheat codes... That game was like a great crossbreed of AOE & CIV.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Rise of Nations is great, but it's really just a race to get Stealth Bombers.