Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Something that I\'m having problems with!

If I weren't tilting, I wouldn't be posting hands here! My tilt time is when I come post hands and try to improve.

The 3rd bet is to slow down an AJs/AQs type-hand that's just making a move at a raggy board, and set up a semi-bluff on the turn. The 4th and any subsequent bets are no good!

But I'm having troubles with hands that go only 3 bets on the flop in these situations.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:30 AM

if youve got this guy labelled as a fool who would raise you with these "AJs/AQs" hands then i dont mind but if this villain is normal your raising is worthless.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:59 AM

If he has AQ or AJ you don't want to slow him down, but that's kinda beside the point.

Also, anyone willing to go 4-bets with you on the flop is likely to 3-bet you before the flop with either of those hands.

Against a total stranger I would call the flop raise and then fold if I don't catch on the turn.

You had a good hand but the flop missed you, and you're very likely to be losing at that point. Are you always losing? Of course not, but I suspect you think you're being bluffed a lot more often than you really are. If you're regularly and/or indiscriminately seeing showdowns with an unimproved AK you're losing way more than you would if you just folded the turn everytime in this situation.