Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 09:39 AM

Default 6/12 at the Borg

6/12 at the borgata. Very good game. One player is a 2+2er, but he is not in the hand.

Villain has been discussing the other players with his buddy next to him. He has done nothing unreasonable and to this point has played fairly well.

10 handed. 2 plyers limp to me in MP i call with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], other player limps, Villain raises on button, SB call, all else call.

Flop - T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bet to me, I call, all call, button raises, SB calls, i call, as do a few others. It's kind of foggy in my head.

Turn - K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call, villain raises button, SB calls, I now 3-bet, villain looks over at me and calls, as does the SB. (it is now me, SB, and villain in hand)

The SB was kind of fuming from a few bad beats earlier when he got KK 3 times in like 15 hands and lost them all. Here, he was calm, cool, and collective though. I thought he may have a weak T.

River - 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, villain raises, SB calls, I...

At this point i debated a 3 bet so heavily. I felt like if i was 3 betting i was losing to KT or KK or QQ here and had no idea where I was at. The flush didn't hit so he couldn't be raising that, and I don't usually try and think that a straight is good on a fullhouse board.

Should i raise here? and just go "fcuk..." when he caps? Or just call and miss bets?

What about the other streets? I did my best to extract the maximum when many players were in the hand.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: 6/12 at the Borg

3-bet the river. The overlay is too sweet.
Krishan
Old 08-29-2005, 09:51 AM

I would have three bet the flop with that many players hanging around. No reason to wait until the turn alot of the fish will drop on the bigger streets. I think the river depends on villain's pre flop raising standards but I am raising here against most.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:56 AM

I see a lot of value in raising the flop. Not really sure about the river. Not really sure about the river, you say the villian is reasonable, so I think I'm just calling. I don't think you're good often enough even with SB sweetening the pot.