Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:48 AM

Default hit set on uni-suited flop

Do you bet this flop or wait for a safe card on the turn?

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Old 12-01-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: hit set on uni-suited flop

I'd go ahead and bet because you do have a large equity edge over anything except a made flush. In the event you are behind a made flush you have a bunch of outs to the full house.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:50 AM

bet/cap flop. put in 2-3 bets on big streets UI.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go ahead and bet because you do have a large equity edge over anything except a made flush. In the event you are behind a made flush you have a bunch of outs to the full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my dilemna; I knew I had a large equity edge, but thought the extra 4 or 5 small bets going into the pot would give everybody odds to call to the river. Flawed thinking?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:07 AM

Default turn action

For better or worse, I checked the flop. When the player to my right bets the turn, should I try to protect my hand with a raise, or hope for overcalls?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>
Old 12-01-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: turn action

I'd go a head and cap the turn and put in one bet on the river.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:10 AM

Default results

Comments on all streets welcome.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 12-01-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: results

overall this hand was way underplayed. The probability of someone having a made flush on the flop is not even close to high enough to scare us too much. What you may have been scared of was that there are still 2 cards left to come, and you don't want to put in a lot of bets only to be sucked out on. 35% of the time the flush will come in, the rest of the time we win the pot. This means that as long as we're not putting in more than 2/3 of the pot it is fine to raise like mad (until we believe there's a significant chance we're behind). Since it is not possible to be putting in more than 1/2 the pot, you should bet/raise like mad until you have good reason to believe you're behind.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:03 PM

you have to bet that flop. letting a lone heart out draw you is a bad idea.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to bet that flop. letting a lone heart out draw you is a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how anybody with a heart is folding this flop; could you explain please?